PDA

View Full Version : He's screaming on the floor because he wants to eat donuts for dinner..

MelissaTC
01-13-2004, 06:37 PM
DS is being a royal pain in the you know what. He is screaming because he wants to eat an Entemann's plain donut for dinner. He is crying so hard and so much that he is having trouble catching his breath. His little face is so red and the tears are just streaming down his chubby cheeks. He continues to point to the box that was on the counter (it has since been moved although he continues to point to it's previous location). Oh! The clincher - he is saying "Mama" in between the grunts and wails.

I am all for this kid eating. But donuts? for dinner? Please reassure me that I am doing the right thing. BTW, his fish fillet is in the oven (he loves those fish fillets!)...

Edited to add that the screaming stopped the minute I put him in my KKAFP. The power of the sling, I guess!!!

bluej
01-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh come on "Mama" give him a donut! I'm kidding, you are doing the right thing. You can cave and give him the donut after he eats his fish fillets! Your lucky though that you happen to be making him something that he likes for dinner, otherwise I can see quite the battle brewing. If he's any where near as strong-willed as Caden, that donut will not be forgotten soon!

nigele
01-13-2004, 09:37 PM
LOL - toddlers are SO much fun! Let us know how it turned out in the end. :-)

starrynight
01-13-2004, 11:03 PM
I have been there!!! Daria is such a fit pitcher if she wants something and I say no. Well I'm a bad mom lol,I would have let Daria have a bit then if she ate her dinner let her finish it. Considering some people call a donut breakfast I don't see the differance at dinner. But I know they are soonot healthy.

Melanie
01-14-2004, 01:54 AM
LOL. I'm only laughing b/c I know the red-face and tear-streaming cry. Ds will do it when he doesn't get his way, too. It breaks my heart. Ds usually gets his way within reason, but I would agree that a donut is not within reason. Of course, easy for me to say since Ds doesn't even know what donuts are. He does have foods he favors more than others, so we tell him to take a bite of what we want (which is also something he likes, just not as much as whatever else he wants), then he gets a bite of his prize.

So, who won?

AngelaS
01-14-2004, 07:36 AM
He's just a bit younger than Gabrielle. Gabrielle is learning that if she pitches a fit, she has to sit on the rug. Usually she's asked if she'd like to sit there "sniffff, NOOOOOOO". But when she doesn't stop and gets ceremoniously carried to, and plopped on the rug by the front door, she knows that Mommy's serious. LOL Sometimes I have to take her back 2 or 3 times in a row but other times the very mention of 'the rug' is enough to shut off those tears like a switch. ROTFL!

Aren't they PRECIOUS??? Her dinnertime fit last night was because she wanted marshmellows instead of a banana. We compromised---she munched on frozen corn while dinner finished cooking....

MelissaTC
01-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Ok...here is the update. I placed him in our Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch. He loves sitting in there. I walked around the house, gave him something to drink and popped in a Little People video. I took him out the pouch and he cried for a second but then Aaron Neville started singing and he became transfixed to the tv. I ran into the kitchen, cut up his fish and gave him that with some cheese. He ate his ENTIRE dinner and was the most pleasant child for the rest of the night! I guess he was just hungry.

I just didn't want to cave in, ykwim? I had given him one donut already and I didn't want him to get full on that.

This little guy is too much sometimes!!!