PDA

View Full Version : When will this "grow out" hair actually grow out?

s7714
01-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Apparently I lost a LOT of hair after I had DD because I now I have this funky re-growth that's driving me crazy. I swear it looks like I gave myself a crew cut at some point in the front and sides, but left long strands here and there. (Picture David Bowie's character in the Labyrinth, KWIM? :7 ) Now all the re-growth is about 2 inches long and every single bit of it seems determined to stand straight up. (And of course the winter static isn't helping any.) Even my hairdresser couldn't get it to lie down for very long.

I know it's just my imagination that people notice when I'm out and about, but how can you not notice when some days it looks like I have a horn (or two) poking out from the sides of my temples? Sigh. Perhaps I should just get a pixie cut and make it all short...that way if it stands on end it'll look like I meant it to be that way, right? I feel like I'm a walking static electricity head or something.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

bluej
01-17-2004, 10:13 AM
I don't know if this will make you feel any better but my new growth is all curly, the rest of my hair is stick straight. I look like I have pubic hair growing out of my head ;(

drsweetie
01-17-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one! I look like I have a mullet or something and I'm so embarrassed by it!

Ellen
Mom to Laura 6/9/03

22tango
01-17-2004, 05:52 PM
I know it's no real consolation, but at least during the cold weather, you can wear HATS!! I did decide to cut my long hair at that time -- also because Karenna was beginning to grab it and PULL! It's finally growing back out again...

Sending you some HAIR GROWING vibes!!!! :D

muskiesusan
01-17-2004, 05:53 PM
I am still waiting for it to grow out from Nick and now I am having another baby in April. My hair is naturally wavy, but of course this hair is just frizzy and nothing I do helps it. I fully expect to look like a freak for at least another couple of years!

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

suribear
01-17-2004, 07:56 PM
I have thinning hair to begin with, so I LOVE my funky regrowth. I treasure every strand LOL

Guess it depends on your perspective!

Kris

heidi_timms
01-20-2004, 03:52 AM
I've got the frizz goin on as well! When I put my hair in a pony tail, my temple area is just full of short bushy frizz!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

votre_ami03
01-26-2004, 02:10 PM
So glad to know I am not alone! Now that my hair is finally growing back, Nolan is constantly grabbing & pulling at it. :(

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03