PDA

View Full Version : irrationally annoyed with DH

sntm
01-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Do you have those moments? It started last night when he was carrying Jack around on his shoulders and asked me how much clearance he had where the ceiling got lower. While I'm trying to figure it out, he asks me again. Okay, I heard you the first time!!! Then, Jack and I finally get up at a decent time to get out the door, and DH, who has already been up and is ready, wants to leave for work right away, which means my getting ready will take twice as long. And he is in a bad mood today because he didn't sleep well. Excuse me? Who was up nursing your son several times? For some reason, it is just really bugging me today! Thanks for letting me gripe. Now I can get it out of my system!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

bluej
01-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Oh you hit a sore spot in this house as well! I have repeatedly told DH that until he starts getting up w/ the baby during the night he shouldn't complain about any lack of sleep he gets. Yet he still complains. I just want to pummel him sometimes! We also have the I-can't-answer-him-fast-enough moments in our house as well. Trust me, you are NOT being irrational!

ktdid74
01-23-2004, 10:40 AM
oh, if we're bitching about sleep, I'm with you. DH takes benadryl so he can get a good nights sleep! Of course, one of us has to get up with the baby so I guess that leaves.... me! Dare to ask me when was the last time I had a good nights sleep? And I work nights so I'm never quite caught up on sleep. Ok, sorry to step in on your moment :) now I feel better, too. Hope you have a good day--

peanut4us
01-23-2004, 10:40 AM
There must be something in the air right now... mine isn't the Icantanswerhimfastenough stuff... it's the he-asks-a-question-and-cuts-me-off-half-way-through-the-answer... and leaps to the wrong conclusion. Then gets mad at me when I get frustrated with him and don't answer his next question. Sigh. Definatley something in the air.

KGoes
01-23-2004, 11:06 AM
DH is in his center-of-the-universe mode right now. For example, watching the baby for three hours once a week while I play bridge places him in the running for husband/father of the year, but his being gone for a couple of days to ski is "no big deal" for me. I suppose what is so frustrating is that he is normally not like that. I tell myself that he is feeling a bit neglected . . . . (and then I tell him to get over it since the last time I checked, light was not bending around him. . . .)

Kelley
DD born 7/03

Sarah1
01-23-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm just so glad I'm not alone...we have our moments too (for example, I asked him to replace lightbulbs during the long MLK weekend--he had the WHOLE weekend and this was the ONE little chore I asked of him--did he do it? No.)

ARGH!

nitaghei
01-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Shannon,

You're not alone! We all have these moments. And there's nothing irrational about your feelings.

We had several months where I would get up at 5 am (after being up most of the night), so I could take care of Neel and the dogs, while DH slept until 7.15 am - and he would complain like it was the end of the world if he had to get up anytime before 9 am on weekends! There is something about men!!

OTOH - for the last month DH has been a whole new person. He is the one that gets up whenever Neel wakes up for the day (usually around 5.30 am) and watches him while I get ready for work. I've actually been able to sleep in until 6 am :) And he no longer has the nerve to complain about sleep deprivation. Of course, I'm still the one that gets up through the zillion night-wakings - but that's a different b*tch.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

newbelly2002
01-23-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm sorry Shannon. You don't sound irrational, just frustrated.

After 11 months of BF, however, DH is finally getting his due. Dante has been waking up at night for the past month because of his frickin fracken eye teeth. Sometimes it's once, sometimes it's 4-5 times. We were switching nights on who went in between us. Then we started noticing that DH could "shush" Dante back to sleep while as soon as he saw me, he was up for the duration. Who was I to fight nature? (and the one or two times I *could* shush him back I wasn't going to mention.hehehe)

Now, DH is up every night. Hey, what's a girl to do? :)

Hopefully, your turn too will come.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02