PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not like their disposable diapers to have a lot of color on them?

vikivoly
01-23-2004, 06:07 PM
I use Pampers Cruisers and just bought a package of the latest version. I didn't like the thin blue/purple stripe on the last update, but these are ridiculous! They have a thick blue/purple stripe around both leg holes, print on the front and characters on the back! I wish they didn't have any characters or print on them at all. Am I the only one who likes the more "classic" white baby butt look?

ktdid74
01-23-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm with you Vicki! Like the babies care about who's on the diaper. My thought is that they should have a picture of Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp on the diaper :) Just kidding, but we're the ones who have to look at the print! I feel like I have to buy pampers cruisers though cause DD has such a big belly and they are the only diaper I've found that will adjust to her girth. Maybe someday they'll go back to plain ol' white diapers...

brubeck
01-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Frankly I don't care. As long as my baby isn't wearing white/pastels (so the colors show through) I can't see it under the clothing anyhow.And since I only have a boy in diapers right now he's not likely to be wearing pastels anytime soon!

Now this is going to date me but when you said Brad Pitt on the butt I was reminded of an old Facts of Life episode where the girls are taking care of a baby, run out of diapers and use Natalie's Shawn Cassidy pillowcase. And Natalie picks up the baby and there's Shawn Cassidy on its butt.... :)

TaChapm2
01-23-2004, 08:30 PM
I totally agree and told the pampers people about this and they were rather rude to me. Seems like they would care more about their consumers and their opinions. I like taking professional pics. of DS in his diaper and this ruins it! His Christmas outfit was white and the diapers showed through. It seems like the complaints to P&G fell on deaf ears. I did get a free package of diapers out of it, but when they leak it is rather worthless. Maybe if we all complain to P&G about the changes they will go back to the old way. It seems like in the old thread that I started that there was someone who worked for P&G. Maybe we could get some help from her.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

egoldber
01-23-2004, 09:08 PM
She encouraged everyone with complaints to call and write to P&G cutsomer service. Make your voice heard!!!!

pamela mom of 3
01-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Well since my child is older i have a bit of a different view.
I don't mind designs, since my son makes requests...which can be good or bad sometimes lol...ever try to find a turtle on an ultratrim diaper located in the bag of a size super mega pkg?

I do tho understand with light clothing that could be a problem of seeing through.

However i guess on the toddler front anything to make them co-operate in changing helps ;)

I'd like to see blues clues lol...i do not like sesame St charactors x(

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/fk/flowerkitty.gif[/IMG]

egoldber
01-24-2004, 01:06 PM
OMG!!! I HAD to laugh at this! I mainly use cloth but use disposables somtimes too. We usually use Luvs, but my DD has been going through a phase where she wouldn't let me use cloth because she wanted a "Barney diaper". So I decided to stop buying Luvs and got some Huggies Ultratrim as being a "safe" alternative, since there were no "real" characters on them. But she ADORES the designs on the Huggies Ultratrim! She really wants a turtle but the the rabbits are OK too, LOL....

trumansmom
01-24-2004, 03:26 PM
We spent the morning digging through the pack for the last Cookie Monster!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

egoldber
01-24-2004, 04:46 PM
LOL, see that's why I didn't get Pampers and thought the Huggies would be "safe". Sigh.

brubeck
01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
I remember a little while ago when the Easy-Ups were advertised as having 'now more Elmo' in every pack! Guess why? :)

Rachels
01-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Same deal here! I pull out one dipe of each character and set them aside. Then when Abigail asks for a "Melmo diapey" or a "Nernie diapey," I have it in easy reach. I use the rest of the pack and she is content to hold whichever one she has asked for. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jesseandgrace
01-25-2004, 05:29 PM
I think some of the more earth friendly diapers sold at Whole Foods type stores are still all white with the exception of a little green on the tabs. I never thought of this, but I agree there is something really cute about a plain white one :).

Sarah1
01-25-2004, 08:26 PM
>I pull out one dipe of each character and
>set them aside. Then when Abigail asks for a "Melmo diapey"
>or a "Nernie diapey," I have it in easy reach.

That is TOOOOO CUTE!!!!!! I can't wait until Audrey says stuff like that--I'm going to melt!