PDA

View Full Version : Hit by a man running a red light!!

ismommy
01-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Today I was hit by a man running a red light. Bella thankfully was not with me but I am bruised and sore and DH is in Iraq. I am frustarted and angry and want to know what the HELL the guy was thinking. My light was green for awhile I was driving not stopped at a red light and he just went through. I drive a red car not sure how he didnt see me. Maybe he cant see red I don't know. Not sure what I will do without a car - guess I now have the fun of dealing with insurance. This probably isnt making any sense but I am exhausted and just want my DH.
Thanks for listening
Helene
mommy to Isabella 9/19/01

toomanystrollers
01-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Helene mama are you okay???? Thank goodness Bella was not with you. Get a nice rental and make his insurance pay for it!! Let me know if you need anything! Or come back to MA and get some rest :)

AngelaS
01-24-2004, 10:04 PM
((((HUGS)))) Take some Advil and don't sign any insurance checks until you've seen your chiropractor! :D

todzwife
01-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Hugs! Feel better soon!

Marisa6826
01-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Helene-

I am so sorry. Are you OK? Is there anybody close by that can help you sort through this?

Let me know

HUGS

-m

Roleysmom
01-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Oh, Helene that's so scary! Thank goodness Bella wasn't with you! Maybe a friend or neighbor could come over and play with Bella (you probably don't want her out of your sight right now!) while you take a nice relaxing shower and have a rest? I hope you feel better soon and that it's not too much of a hassle dealing with the insurance company.

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

egoldber
01-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Hugs!!!! If you need anything, please let me know!!!!

pritchettzoo
01-25-2004, 01:48 AM
I'm so glad you're okay and Bella wasn't with you! Take ibuprofen and drink lots of water to cut down on soreness. There are lots of insurance-savvy people here, so post if you need help!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

gravymommy3
01-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Helene,

I am sorry you are having to deal with this alone. That stinks. The others are right. Don't sign anything until you are certain you are not injured. Also, if the idiot had insurance, make them get you a rental.

Does anyone know if the car seat needs to be replaced? I can't remember if it only applies to when a child is in the seat and in an accident or not!!

Feel better soon!

kensjen
01-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Helene,
So sorry this happened to you! I'm glad you are OK and that Bella was not with you. That is scary. It can't be fun to deal with that stuff alone, or without DH I mean. We're all here for you though!

Wish I was there, I'd bring over some ice cream and look at your stroller! LOL!

Maybe a little shopping will help you feel better! I hope DH gets home soon!

I am so glad you are OK!

Take care!

kwc
01-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh Helene, how frightening! So glad Bella was safe and not with you! Infuriating about the car, but glad that you are safe...
hope you are able to take it easy the rest of the weekend. Often, the soreness is worst about 24 hrs later so keep up with the Advil and get yourself checked out if you need to!

Karen

Sarah1
01-25-2004, 08:24 PM
You make complete sense Helene. I'm so sorry. I hope you're feeling better.

amp
01-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Helene, so glad that you weren't seriously harmed and that Bella was not in the car to be injured. Just sorry you have to deal with this by yourself and hope your aches and pains are gone quickly! Hugs!

sntm
01-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Helene! I hope you are feeling better! So scary. Hope you have been able to get a rental or something (on his insurance). I would replace the car seat -- could have structural damage you can't see. And his insurance should be responsible for that, also.

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

starrynight
01-27-2004, 01:27 AM
{hugs} I'm glad Bella wasn't with you. Are you okay Helene? I hope the insurance etc works out.

cinrein
01-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Helene,

Are you doing OK? I'm so sorry this happened. It's infuriating! If you need anything at all, please let us know. (((HUGS)))

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

ismommy
01-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Just want to say thank to everyone who has posted and emailed. I saw a chirpractor today and have been drinking lots of water and taking it easy.
Geico is being hellish to deal with so I did talk to an attorney. At this point I just don't want to deal and this way the lawyer does.
Anyway I am doing okay though some days are very hard but having you guys show support helped alot so once again - thank you

Helene

Meatball Mommie
01-31-2004, 09:18 AM
Helene-

So sorry to hear about this - I hope you're ok! {{Hugs}} The attorney sounds like a good idea - I'd hate to deal with all that stuff with my DH away.

p.s. I just noticed that Bella and I share a birthday - I'm just 26 years older LOL!