PDA

View Full Version : My kingdom for a BF-friendly doc!

Rachels
01-28-2004, 12:25 PM
My daughter's ped is amazing in the BF department, but not so my doctor. I love him and he's a great physician, but he's just pathetically educated about breastfeeding. I spoke to an LC for half an hour this morning, and she wants me to get a prescription for Jack Newman's All Purpose Nipple Ointment. Yes, okay, that sounds very helpful. Now. Who on earth do I convince to prescribe it? My dr will have never heard of it and will be reluctant to grab a recipe off the internet, even though Jack Newman is a widely known BF expert. Arrgh.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

stillplayswithbarbies
01-28-2004, 12:57 PM
maybe your ped can prescribe it?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Rachels
01-28-2004, 01:27 PM
She's on maternity leave. :( I put in a call to my midwife, though. It's a solvable problem-- just frustrating to have to jump through hoops.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

houseof3boys
01-28-2004, 03:12 PM
I hear ya! When I was on my 3rd round of thrush I had the argument with my doctor about different treatments (the Newman's ointment was one of them) and in the end I got nothing from him. After calling the LC and crying for 30 minutes, she recommended a dermatologist for me to see. She was wonderful (a mother herself) and took great care of me and even scheduled an open appointment if it didn't clear itself up. They were booked 3 months out so this was huge!

Try a dermatologist. Call the LC's back and see if they can recommend one they have worked with before.

Good luck Rachel. :)