PDA

View Full Version : I love my dd, but she has the worst timing... long and crazy...

abigailsmom
01-30-2004, 02:07 AM
First let me preface this with another statement of how much I adore my dd.

However, she is killing me tonight. She normally sleeps from 9pm until 9 or 10am (NOT bragging just giving some background). I also will add the background of I've just reentered college toi finish my degree and it is kicking my a$$. I have been out 3 years and I started back in my 3rd spanish (my major) and I'm struggling with it at best.

Ok on to the story around here tonight... she went to bed at 9 and she is STILL awake and talking/playing in here crib. It is almost 1 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have TWO test in the morning!!! One of which is spanish!!!!! I am going to cry! My computer/ office is right outside of her room and I feel like such a horrible parent for not getting her and trying to help her to sleep, but she hates to be rocked and books make her all excited. I am at a loss and I just needed to vent. Thanks for hanging in there with me if you made it through my rambling, but I just feel like a really crappy parent right now.

Pouting, grumpy, & sleep-deprived,
Robyn
mom to Abigail Marie
Aug. '02

Mommie2MadLyn
01-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Robyn, You're not a crappy mom. If you were it wouldn't be bothering you so much that you can't go help her right now. If she's not crying, then I think its safe to assume that she's happy but just not tired!!! Don't be so rough on yourself, and good luck on your tests!!!

abigailsmom
01-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks!! I don't know how the tests went, but she didn't go to sleep until about 4am this morning!! She is a silly little girl!

Have a great day!
Robyn
Abigail's mom Aug '02