PDA

View Full Version : Aaargh...Will I ever get my pre-pregnancy brain back?

hobey
02-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Or am I out of luck? :)

So I was in the kitchen this morning mixing up a pitcher of formula. I just finished making myself a cup of tea so I decided to use the leftover hot water. So far, so good. Put powder in pitcher, put water in, snapped lid on, and started shaking. Did it occur to me that the steam would build up in the pitcher and bad things would happen? Of course not. Sure enough. POP! The lid snapped off and formula sprayed everywhere. I just spent the last 45 minutes cleaning formula out of crevices I never knew existed.

The only good thing out of this was DS was napping in my sling and never woke up even while I was cursing my stupidity....

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

amp
02-02-2004, 02:04 PM
No. Or at least I haven't yet.

Melanie
02-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Someone told me it was all hormone-related and it takes a woman 4 years (I think it was 4) to recover from being pregnant/giving birth. Longer if you are breastfeeding. SO...between having more children and then menopause, I think we're doomed.

KMommie
02-02-2004, 08:33 PM
4 YEARS??!! I've been wondering the same thing, when I'd be a decent conversationalist again. I'm just not as quick as I used to be. I was hoping for a better outlook though! Oh well, at least my hair's starting to grow back! Of course it's all sticking straight up in the air, it's still so short!!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

mamahill
02-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Um, no. Sometimes I have sparks of intelligence. I'm glad to know it's 4 years because I'm not pregnant, nor am I bfing any more, so I wasn't sure what I could blame my drop common sense.

hobey
02-03-2004, 12:22 AM
4+ years? Oh well. Could be a survival thing...we *forget* the little things that drive us crazy while raising kids. LOL

starrynight
02-03-2004, 02:43 AM
So between having 3 kids and then just normal hormones no wonder I can't spell or have an intelligent conversation anymore.. ;)

drsweetie
02-03-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm so glad you posted this! Not glad you had a formula explosion, but glad I'm not the only one who feels like her brain has turned to oatmeal. I've been so forgetful and disorganized since having a baby, I feel like I'm going nuts -- it makes me feel a little better to hear that other people are having similar experiences.

Ellen
Mom to Laura 6/9/03

PJAlama
02-03-2004, 04:06 PM
is it hormones or the lack of time to string 2 thoughts together between baby distress calls?

anyway, ask yr ob/gyn to prescribe vitamins w/ essential fatty acids. supposed to help brain, mood, & hair. i take them. at least my hair is ok. :)

pauline

toomanystrollers
02-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Pre-pregnancy brain back - NOPE - NEVER :) I think each of my children has sucked about 1/4 of my brain cells away - that's why we stopped at 3!

hobey
02-09-2004, 02:25 PM
I shudder to think if what will happen when we decide to add to our family. As my DH pointed out, what made my original post so funny/annoying is that I'm a chemical engineer and should have known better. Thanks hon, now leave me alone....:)

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03