PDA

View Full Version : Stupid drug store!

drsweetie
02-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Grrr! Yesterday I went to a local drug store (I won't tell you the name, but it starts with "Eck" and ends with "erd") armed with a coupon for "buy one infant accessory, get one free". In the past, I've used these coupons to buy Lansinoh breast milk storage bags there; I don't normally shop there because their prices are too high, but the buy one/get one coupon makes it worth the trip. Well, yesterday they wouldn't let me use the coupon because they said that breast milk storage bags don't count as an infant accessory! I asked them, "Just who do you think the breast milk is for?" and they said that unless the item in question was actually used by the infant (e.g., bottle, toy), it didn't count as an infant accessory. They also weren't swayed by my repeated statements that I'd used the same type of coupon for the same purchase before. We went around and around on this and finally I just gave up and left without buying anything. So now it's off to Wal-Mart after work, where I don't have a coupon, but at least I know what I'm up against.

And I think I have a bleb after DD's 45-minute marathon nursing session (on one side!) on Monday.

Ellen
Mom to Laura 6/9/03

houseof3boys
02-04-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you!! I hate stuff like that.

Have a better day today. :)

s_gosney
02-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Does WM's price matching cover coupons in circulars too? I know that if you take in an ad, they generally will match the price....Just a thought.

MartiesMom2B
02-04-2004, 11:47 PM
That bites the big weenie. Why is that a bottle counts, but not a breast milk storage bag? Morons are everywhere. Hope you had better luck at Wally World.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

hellokitty1
02-05-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm sure you're frustrated with "that" drug store" that shall remain nameless :) but I'm certain if you to another location, they'll take it. It all depends on who you ask.
Good Luck

caleymama
02-05-2004, 01:48 PM
That's terrible! I've used those coupons in the past for baby items and there's NO reason you shouldn't have been able to use it for the storage bags. A lot of people use them as bottle liners anyway. Really, who DO they think the breast milk was for? That's just crazy. Good for you for standing your ground and I'm sorry they treated you so poorly.