PDA

View Full Version : This has been a horrible, horrible week...

jmofarrill
02-15-2004, 12:36 AM
and I'm so glad it's over.

I play piano, mostly as an accompanist, but only occasionally, so I am very rusty. MIL and FIL are band directors at the same high school, and this weekend was Solo & Ensemble (S&E) for their students. I told MIL last year that I was NOT going to play for her kids b/c I'm too rusty and wouldn't have any time to practice with Anwyn around. Two weeks before the event, MIL calls me to ask if I'll play b/c she can't find anyone. I said "No" She asked dh to ask me if I'll play. I said "No" So she copies most of the music and sends it home with dh so I could "Just look it over" since she had called five other accompanists and they were already booked for S&E. By this time I felt guilty and obligated to play, so I relented (stupid, stupid Michelle). I go to the first practice (a week and a half before S&E), and I swear none of the kids were prepared. I was really frustrated.

This week, since Wednesday, I totaled 16 hours of rehearsal and performance time with the kids. This is on top of my regular, full-time job. I didn't get home until after 9 on Wed, around 11 on Thurs, and 10 on Fri. Since we're still pretty much bf'ing, Anwyn was with me all these times. Her schedule is so messed up now b/c of the late hours, and she's been extremely fussy today. She's been throwing up since last night everytime after she eats and she had five bowel movements within six hours this afternoon and screamed after every one. I feel like my heart is breaking b/c she's so ill. In addition, I have an illness that flares up whenever I'm under too much stress - after no flare ups for a year and a half, it surely flared up this week.

To top everything off, I had 24 kids scheduled, 19 of which showed up. The band parents didn't want to pay me more than $20/student who showed up, which really, really sucks. I get $15 a student for middle school, and that's easy, mindless piano music. MIL could only talk them up to $25 per student that I scheduled. I'm glad that they consented to do that, but it really sucked when I watched a mom give her daughter's accompanist $50 in cash for ONE STUPID SOLO.

Ugh. I loathed this week and I'm so glad a new one starts tomorrow.

liya
02-15-2004, 12:40 AM
that sucks!! My poor Anwyn!!! :(.....UURRGGHHH and the nerve to under pay you!!! Hope this week is much much much better.....Ari sends a kiss for Anwyn so she can feel better soon ;)

jojo2324
02-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Michelle, I'm so sorry...I'm glad your week is over too!! I hope you and Anwyn feel better fast!!!! :)

aliceinwonderland
02-15-2004, 01:30 AM
That is ridiculous. I hope your and your baby feel better soon :)

houseof3boys
02-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Oh Michelle. I am so sorry that you had such a horrible week. It does sound awful and I'm sorry for little Anwyn.

Don't succumb to more pressure from your MIL!!!!!

This week will be better. :)

jec2
02-15-2004, 02:50 PM
What a frustration! Sounds like you and lil' Anwyn just need to crawl into bed and re-group and steer clear of MIL for her sake! Hope you both recover quickly.

doubleL
02-15-2004, 04:28 PM
So sorry you had such a bad week. I hope you and Anwyn feel better soon! I agree, get as much rest as you can... and maybe treat yourself to some fluffy mail :) Take care.

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

votre_ami03
02-16-2004, 10:28 AM
(((Michelle))) I am so sorry. My mom always guilt me into things, I know how that can be.

I hope you both feel better soon.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

votre_ami03
02-16-2004, 10:28 AM
(((Michelle))) I am so sorry. My mom always guilt me into things, I know how that can be.

I hope you both feel better soon.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

peanut4us
02-16-2004, 12:12 PM
That sucks Michelle.... keep a copy of this post and just email it to your MIL next year when she asks you again! I hope things get back to a smooth routine sooN!

peanut4us
02-16-2004, 12:12 PM
That sucks Michelle.... keep a copy of this post and just email it to your MIL next year when she asks you again! I hope things get back to a smooth routine sooN!

toomanystrollers
02-17-2004, 07:51 AM
{{{{Michelle}}}}}}

Next time your MIL requests your services - come here first!!! We'll pump you up to just say "NO" :)

Good Luck