PDA

View Full Version : It's raining, it's pouring...

gravymommy3
02-20-2004, 09:39 PM
The circus that is my life!!

DH and I just finished watching Survivor last night and were getting ready to fire up the Apprentice (yeah, we have no life!!) when we hear a THUD! followed by very loud, very pain-filled crying.

Avery (aka monkeyboy) decided to climb on top of his playhouse (which is in the playroom) and slipped off of it. So we gather everyone up and head to the ER.

Avery did a very nice job on his tibia. A nice, spiral fracture, very jagged on the x-rays. If you're gonna do it, do it right, huh???

So, now he is in a full leg cast (from groin to toe) and sitting is a tiny little wheelchair. And as difficult as he is well, it pales to how he is when he is in pain!!

And the cherry on top of the cake? All three kids have pinkeye, compliments of Grayson's classmates.

I am afraid to ask, "what's next?"

Send Valium wishes my way, I'm gonna need them...

Rachels
02-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Oh, Amy! I'm so sorry. Hope he heals quickly! The tiny wheelchair thing makes me want to cry...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Calmegja2
02-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Oh no! Poor kidlet! Poor kids! Poor mama!

How long for the cast? Will they make it smaller as the healing progresses?

gravymommy3
02-20-2004, 09:54 PM
4-6 weeks in the long one, then a below-the-knee one and then an air cast, so prob. 8-10 weeks. And it is sad to see him in the tiny wheelchair, but even sadder to think about little ones who HAVE to have them forever. Guess it could be worse!

I will try to post a pic of his sad little self!!

Marisa6826
02-20-2004, 09:57 PM
AGGGGH!

I am so sorry Amy!

8-10 weeks, huh? At least (or at least not yet) they didn't tell you it required surgery. Did they say he will have to go for PT when everything is off?

Feel better vibes being sent to you straight away!!!

Chin up Wilbur - and if not Valium, then tequila!

-m

houseof3boys
02-20-2004, 10:11 PM
OMG Amy! That is so awful and I think you have your fill of bad luck with all of the kids having pinkeye.

A speedy recovery to Avery and I'm so sorry that the little monkey is having to go through this!

Valium wishes coming your way.....

Karenn
02-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Yikes! I can't even imagin a wheelchair that little! Hope you're all feeling better soon!

toomanystrollers
02-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Any gray hairs yet?? Hang in there mama :)

JElaineB
02-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Oh no! I feel so sorry for your little guy! My son is turning into quite the little climber so I imagine I have something like this to look forward to! I hope Avery feels better soon and all of your babes recover quickly from pinkeye. Good luck getting through it all!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

kathsmom
02-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Amy,

Give Avery big hugs from all of us! Katherine was really upset that he had broken his leg. I am so sorry that they all got pinkeye!

Just let me know what I can do to help out. You know I am only a phone call away and I can be there in 30 minutes!

Big hugs to you and DH and the kids!

gravymommy3
02-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Toni,

When the pinkeye clears up, bring 'em over and let Katherine see the tiny chair for herself. Look forward to it.

ttfn

pritchettzoo
02-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Poor little monkeyboy! Actually, poor monkeyboy's mama and siblings. I bet he's going to run y'all down with the tiny little wheelchair. :)

Let me know if you need anything. If your town's dry, I can run you in some tequila or something. :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

bluej
02-21-2004, 08:54 AM
"run y'all down with the tiny little wheelchair"

LOL those were my thoughts exactly! I don't know Avery, but if Caden had access to a wheelchair, oh baby, watch out! He would probably think it was worth the cast and all.

I hope your kids get over the pinkeye soon (that totally sucks btw) and that Avery at least enjoys his new wheels.

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-21-2004, 09:36 AM
OH Amy, I am so sorry....I wish I lived near you to help you (I'd just be adding another monkey boy to the mix though you'd probably lock us out)...

Nothing wlse will come your way, you've been handed too much as is...
Huge hugs your way!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

amp
02-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Better get out your umbrella! x( Anyway, hugs to all of you. Hope things look up soon. And hope little Avery Monkeyboy is feeling better soon!

Roleysmom
02-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Oh, Amy, I'm sorry! I hope your little money feels better soon, and if not tequila, or valium, at least ice cream!

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

gravymommy3
02-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey Anna,

No, we are not dry here, so I am working on a drink right now!! The pics are in and look great. Call me and we can meet to get them to you (or I can drive them to you) and you can see monkeyboy in all his glory.

All I have to say is thank god for the sedating benfits of benedryl and codeine. It is the only things making him tolerable!!

doubleL
02-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Amy!! So sorry to hear this. Yuckeroos! Hugs to you, DH, and all your little ones!

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

todzwife
02-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Awwww! Hugs! My little sis broke her leg skiing, she quickly learned how to crawl aroung dragging her bum legs behind her. Kids adapt well, although I'm sure it broke your heart to see him hurting! Sending positive vibes to your house! You need em!