PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sick of snow!!!

MartiesMom2B
02-26-2004, 10:22 AM
I obviously didn't move south enough, because I feel like we've had to deal with snow all winter. Ick! No one around here knows what to do in snowy weather, and all the local channels show are their news bulletins of the snow. What news is there to show? It's snowing outside, duh! I can look out the window and see that. God Forbid that I need milk, toilet paper, or bread because I'm sure that the stores are cleaned out by now. What is everyone doing with all of this milk and bread? AAaaaahhhhh!!!!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

trumansmom
02-26-2004, 10:50 AM
As a Southern girl transplanted in South Dakota, you have my complete and total sympathies. It's actually FINALLY started to melt here a bit. But I'm sure we'll have more in the next month or so. I hate snow!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

mik8
02-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh, Sonia I am sooo right there with you. We've had a month of below freezing temps. and I'm so sick of snow that I'm practically hallucinating of the tropics lately.

houseof3boys
02-26-2004, 01:09 PM
We finally got our first snow last night so I bundled Ryan up and took pics for about 1 minute earlier until he fell face first in the snow and decided he wanted to cry and stop taking pics. Oh well!

It is a novelty for us but I could see how it could old.

You should have moved further south.....

Bread and milk? Yuck.

jal
02-26-2004, 01:16 PM
How far South did you move?

Based on my experience with Southern life, you have to move as far south as Birmingham, AL or Atlanta, GA to get away from the snow.

North of these cities seem to get at least some snow a few times a year. Right at these cities, you get an average of one nice snow fall every other year (gone within 24-48 hours). If you live south of these cities, snow will be a rare event.

lizajane
02-26-2004, 03:37 PM
you're weird. i love snow. ;)

i guess being from VA i am used to getting enough snow to get my fix, but not too much for it to bother me. and i am used to no one knowing what to do with snow.

i am thrilled! i can't wait for jeffrey to get home so that he can have a snow-beer (beer is essential in snowy weather) and i can romp around outside.

MartiesMom2B
02-26-2004, 05:28 PM
If I wanted to be holed up with snow I'd still live in Northern VA. DH told me it doesn't snow in NC - so I said ok let's move there. I'll have you know that when we decided to relocate Las Vegas was my number 1 choice and Alaska was his. At least you get some of the oil fund living in Alaska and awesome sea food.

Sonia

nathansmom
02-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Well its snowing at my house right now. I'm also sick of snow. I have a 6 foot pile of snow on the road and this storm is adding to it. Where's spring? How much longer till warm weather?

McQ
02-27-2004, 02:52 PM
You should have stayed up here Sonia. We haven't gotten much this year in NoVa. It's stayed down south.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

MartiesMom2B
02-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Waaahh. I miss NoVa. I miss driving my Nova in NoVa. I have dreams that I'm still working at Tysons Corner Center. Poor DH, he still gets mad when I tell him we should've bought a condo in Falls Church instead of using the money to move down here. LOL

The next time I'm the area I will PM you and maybe we can get together. When I came up in January, I flew up Saturday and left first thing Monday. I didn't have anytime to visit.

Sonia