PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else still losing hair at 9 mos PP?

deborah_r
02-26-2004, 06:04 PM
How can I still be losing clumps of hair? How do I still have hair on my head? I still get a handful of it when I wash it and when I brush it!!!

I have to clean the little rolling brush on the vaccuum cleaner about every 2 weeks, with all the hair that gets in there...ugh!!!!!

lfp2n
02-26-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm 11 months pp and its still coming out. Now DD is crawling I get to see how much is laying around the floors after it attaches to her. GROSS!!

Lucy

Momof3Labs
02-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Yep, I had hair loss until 10-11 months PP. And it doesn't seem to be growing back again, unfortunately!!

houseof3boys
02-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Clumps and clumps every time I wash my hair. It is awful!!!!! I have these little wispy things growing in that look so sloppy too. Grrrr or should I make a weepy sound?

bluej
02-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeppers. Not nearly as bad as it was at 4-5 months, but still far more than I normally use to lose. And the new hair growth is still curly (the rest of my hair is stick straight) so it really makes for an interesting look!

sweetbasil
02-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Yup...nice, with a mobile little one who loves to pick things up off the ground. Who would've thought that I'd produce Charlie's biggest choking hazard?! With Kellen, my hair was done falling out by 6mo pp- here we are at 8+mo, and no end to the hair loss yet!

jmofarrill
02-26-2004, 10:30 PM
My hair stopped falling out around 6 months, but about two weeks ago it started falling out again just like at the beginning! :o

I usually pull my hair back, and I have hairs about 1.5" long sticking straight up ALL AROUND my hairline (yes, this includes my neck)! I feel so punkish...

mamahill
02-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Oh sister, I was cleaning out my vacuum brush once a week - DH began to inquire about rogaine for women - the hair tumbleweeds were disgusting. I didn't start losing until about 6 months pp and it continued for about 4-5 months. I even went to see my doctor about it. She said only in the rarest of cases do women actually go bald (gee, that's not very comforting - what if I'm rare?!?!?) and that I shouldn't worry until it starts coming out in clumps. Also, she advised me to drink lots of water and eat healthy (difficult, I know!). And continue taking a prenatal or multi-vitamin. I don't know if it actually helped, or all the hair had been lost. You think it's bad now, just wait till it starts to grow back in and you have the oh-so-attractive fringe around your face making you look like the cowardly lion's sister.

Just this morning in the shower as I was washing my hair I was giving thanks that I only had 3 strands of hair come out. Ahhh, it's so nice not to have to clean out the drain halfway through your shower, along with after the shower.

Hang in there. Think of it as easy weight loss;).