PDA

View Full Version : Huge husband rant........

billysmommy
02-29-2004, 08:34 AM
I can't even bring myself to type DH......Well today is Billy's christening and my brother the godfather) came up yesterday to go to the church with us for the instructions/rehearsal. Well last night I went to bed around 10:00 because I knew we would have a long morning getting everything ready. Well Billy woke up around 1:30 and I noticed "D"H wasn'tin bed yet. I could still hear the TV so I went downstairs and what did I find......they are both passed out, my brother on the couch and "D"H on the floor with a pile of puke ont he floor. It looked they had tried to clean it with toilet paper and had proceeded to smear it over an even bigger area. I go into the kitchen and find that one of them had puked in the sink too. They ened up finishing 14 beers and the smaller bottle of Crown Royal (that had been full last night). I am absolutely po'd....our house stinks of puke and 25 people are coming to our house in 6 hours. I have already told them both that Billy and I are showering, eating breakfast and are then leaving the house for an hour or so and that I fully expect the house to be clean and smelling nice by then. I cleaned all day yesterday and there is no way I am cleaning up their mess today!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still can't believe they did this....they're going to have a veyr long day since they are both hung-over too.

ETA: I felt much better after Billy and I spent 2 hours at Starbucks this morning....a peppermint mocha can do wonders :) and Billy had his first taste of blackberry scone and was ready for more. The house was just about clean when we got back and the christening was great :) I do get to go for a manicure and pedicure while DH watches Billy next weekend :)

houseof3boys
02-29-2004, 09:09 AM
OMG, I hope everything goes well today with the Christening. Don't worry about it now when you have guests coming, but you should definitely tell him he is on your "list" and you'll deal with him when everyone goes home. I'm so sorry that happened and hope you still manage to enjoy yourself.

momathome
02-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh, man, Lori!!! Sorry to hear things were so bad! Tell dh (and the "d" can stand for dumb!) that the only way to make it up to you is retail thereapy and a massage - otherwise, he is on your sh*tlist!!! Hope the Christening itself was nice!
-Lauren

hez
02-29-2004, 03:12 PM
How utterly disappointing to wake up to that... I hope they took care of it this morning (Febreeze has saved my DH's life after some late-night poker parties in the basement).

On the other side, I hope the christening went well, and the celebration is fantastic!!!

MartiesMom2B
02-29-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry for the big mess. Hopefully everything went smoothly. Maybe you should put DH and your brother into a small room together and bag around some pots and pans together.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

C99
02-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh.my.god. If that had happened here, I would have been out for blood. What a lame-o move!

khakismom
02-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Oh Lori, I'm so sorry that you had a sucky morning, but so happy the christening went off without a hitch. I totally empathize with you because that sounds like something that my DH would pull. In fact, he read your post and thought it was hysterical. :o

dogmom
03-02-2004, 09:53 AM
I just read this post to my DH and he is LOL. Although it's usually too many video games (until 5 am), sometimes it's too much burbon. I just spend the next day laughing at him. That is our mutually agreed upon coping mechanism. I would make sure my MIL knew also, because she would torment him the next day. Somewhere around noon I've got my yucks out and start giving him a break. I hope everything went OK with the christening.

Melanie
03-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Oh my goodness! They can be worse than children sometimes can't they.

I am glad everything turned out okay.