PDA

View Full Version : Men are such wimps, part ?? UPDATE

nitaghei
03-02-2004, 12:09 PM
So I have a viral infection, maybe a sinus infection as well, a migraine and PMS. After throwing up all weekend, who gets up at night to take care of DS and then go into work on Monday, and who gets to stay home all day, lie on the couch, watch TV and feel sorry for himself because he feels nauseous (but hasn't actually vomited)? And who comes home to a dish full of dirty dishes, a dishwasher that wasn't unloaded and no dinner? And who gets to do all this and other sundry chores, after feeding and bathing and putting DS to bed and walking the dogs, and who's still lying on the couch?

And for this I moved half way across the world, and left my family and the greatest job in the world?

Excuse me if I sound a little bitter.

UPDATE

Guess DH still felt sick enough to stay home on Tuesday ( I assume - I'm still not talking to him), but at least he had the dishes done and dinner cooked. I was still up all night - poor DS is cutting a bunch of teeth, and even Motrin doesn't seem to be doing much.

I swear, as soon I get my current assignment done, I'm taking a day off, dropping DS off at day care and going home and sleeping for 6 hours. Isn't that a nice fantasy? - Given that I just got back the next round of edits for a law review article that's being published that I have to get done this week.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

McQ
03-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Oh Nita I'm so sorry you're having a rough go of it. Give DH a kick in the pants and tell him what needs to be done around the house.

And I hear you on the men are wimps. DH bought me a cabinet for Christmas. Christmas I tell you. And when it was delivered it was damaged. So he was dealing with the manager about getting a replacement. Well a month and a half later, still no cabinet. And DH was tired of me asking if he'd called them. And me telling him to stop letting them give him the run around. So I asked if he wanted me to handle it. I answered the phone when the manager called last weekend and low and behold the cabinet was delivered yesterday.

So stay strong sister. But I know it sucks. So give us a yell if you need to!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

toomanystrollers
03-02-2004, 04:21 PM
{{{{{{{{{Nita}}}}}}}}}}}

My dh is a wuss too :) Sometimes I feign an illness to see how long it takes before he starts complaining about his health LOL

houseof3boys
03-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Nita I am so sorry that you are so sick. Surely you have talked to DH about his crappy behavior....

I hope you feel better and I hope that DH gets to helping you around the house and with Neel. :)

momma_boo
03-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Nita,

Big HUG to you. I hope you are feeling better when you read this.
Sorry that DH is being such a wuss.

papal
03-02-2004, 11:54 PM
Nita.. big hugs to you. Sorry you are feeling unwell and sorry your dh is being such an a$$. I think it is a universal phenomenon.. men are complete idiots when it comes to even the slightest cough! And they go on and on about it! I just pull out my trump card when my dh even starts to whine... A SIX POUND SEVEN OUNCE BABY CAME OUT OF MY BODY WITHOUT ANY KIND OF PAIN MEDICATION... DO NOT WHINE ABOUT PAIN! That usually silences him.

But I so feel your pain.. especially about missing family! Why don't you kick dh out for a day, leave Neel with me and take a whole day off where you can do whatever you like!! How does that sound?

KMommie
03-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Nita,

I hope you're feeling better! I don't know why men can be so wimpy! Kiki is getting over a retched cold/viral infection, gave it to me while we were on vacation. DH expected me to run around all day long "We can't just hang around the hotel", but now that he's home sick with the same thing, he's in bed, moaning and groaning. I keep threatening to send him to his mother's!!

Fantasy or not, you deserve that 6 hours (AT LEAST) of sleep! Take a day for yourself, you know if you were your (or MY) DH, you would! :P

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

doubleL
03-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Nita, Please, please, please take a day for yourself!! You need sleep too. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

cinrein
03-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Nita,
I hope you are feeling better. Men are such babies! DH is useless when sick, but luckily we have had this deal since before we were married: whoever is home has to cook dinner. You only get out of making dinner if you have a fever of 101 or greater.

I think taking a day off is a great idea. If that's not doable, can you sneak out of work early one day and enjoy some time to yourself? Even 2 hours would be great. We should have a girl's only get together---no babies! Maybe treat ourselves to a nice lunch and then admire each other's diaper bags and slings. :) Of course, we'd be happy to watch Neel so that you can sleep.

Oh, and I hope Neel's teeth cut soon. We had about 10 days of misery and 2 molars to show for it. They were a top and bottom on opposite sides of the mouth, so I knew the other 2 would come soon. Sure enough, we had a 2-day break and now the teething has started again. I just hope they break through this time---I so hate it when we teeth and have nothing to show for it! Is it wrong to look at my daughter's teeth when she smiles and think of my sleepness nights?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

nitaghei
03-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Lunch sounds great! Want to email me off the boards? I should be able to do it any day next week except Tuesday.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03

nitaghei
03-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Rashmi,

You are so incredibly sweet!! We really need to get together and talk about all things Indian. I'm a little more homesick than usual because my plans for going to India this month fell through - and I'm not sure when I'll be able to go now. It really stinks - this is the longest I've ever been between trips - 2 years! UGH!!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03

sntm
03-04-2004, 11:54 AM
{{{{{{{nita}}}}}}}

wish i was closer so i could help out and watch neel for a little.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

cinrein
03-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Nita,

I'll email you tomorrow AM. I'm at work today and don't have access to my personal email.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03