PDA

View Full Version : Am I being unresonable?

farsk
03-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Hello Everyone!

I'm so mad I could just spit. Ptah! I really need to know if I am being unreasonable or if DH is just a jerk.

When I fall asleep in the chair after nursing Ellen in the middle of the night, I wake up four hours later not feeling very rested, because, hey, I've spent the last four hours sleeping sitting up. Maybe it's just me, but that's not my idea of good rest. Anyway, for the last seven months, I have told DH, "when I fall asleep in the chair, I never feel like I've gotten good rest and wake up feeling more tired." The SOB knows this. Last night while watching Law and Order, I fell asleep in the chair. I woke up at 12:30 to Ellen crying. The SOB had let me sleep at least three hours in the chair. It's not only that. I get everything ready for the next day at night...pack Ellen's bag for school, I pump, clean pump parts, and SHOWER (this shower would be especially long because I'm magic tanning today and had to shave and exfoliate).

So this morning when I woke up, I had to shower (cleanse, shave, exfoliate, shampoo, rinse, repeat), clean pump parts, pump, clean pump parts, get dressed, make-up, hair, pack diaper bag, fill bottles of EBM, pick out Ellen's clothes. To top it off, I had thrown away my brown shoes that I wanted to wear with the outfit I had picked out for today, so now I am wearing an outfit that obviously needs brown shoes, but insead, I have on black. Then I couldn't find my car keys, and DH from hell is mad. The house is a disaster, we have no clean towels, DH seems to think that the kitchen is the laundry room, and despite the fact that he doesn't have to go into work until 11:00, I know he will lift weights instead of picking up the house. So, if I ever have any free time, I have to clean the house because that's how obsessive I am, and in seven months (since Ellen has been born), have not had one opportunity to indulge any of my hobbies for me.

Thanks for reading.

HoneymoonBaby
03-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Wow -- it sounds like you're having a rough day. Sorry your DH isn't being more helpful. I hope things get better for you.

amp
03-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Oh, Shannon, vent away sweetie! Hugs to you!

bluej
03-04-2004, 11:57 AM
My DH's motto is never wake a sleeping mommy. Apparently he came into the nursery one night to find me sleeping in the recliner, took the baby from me and put him in the crib, woke me up and told me to go to bed and according to him, I was less than thankful. I have no recollection of this, so really, how mean could I have been? Maybe your DH shares the same motto as mine. But since you have told him that you would prefer to have him wake you so you could go to bed I think that's the LEAST he could do. I hope you get some quality sleep soon and enjoy your Magic Tanning!

papal
03-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Arrghh.. Shannon.. you seem to be having a very rough day. Hope things get better soon and your dh starts helping out a little more.