PDA

View Full Version : Are the planets aligned funny today?

Jeanmick
03-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Just read Momma Boo's post and wondered what's going on today?

My DH sulked out the door today because I think he's mad at me. I know I've not been emotionally or physically available for him lately. I'm just so tired. I don't think I'm even available to take care of my self!

I've been dealing with a a DD who whined, cried and was overall miserable last week 'cause she was sick, then now have a DS who caught the same bug and is now whining, crying and miserable (and teething, to boot) this week.

I've not had a decent night's sleep in I don't know how long (my DH's snoring and the kids' waking seem to be getting in the way for some reason) so YES...I'm probably a bit short with my responses right now.

I've not been out on my own or with any friends since October 2003; I don't think I've been out on a date with my DH for lunch, dinner or even fast food since December 2003 (if you count my DH's company party as a date...). And forget an overnighter!

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my kids with every fiber of my being, but sometimes...I'd really like time to myself (that's more than time to use the toilet) where I can just let everything go...

I think my brain has morphed into a big blob of mush...I can't think straight sometimes, have trouble processing information at times and can't multi-task like I used to.

I haven't had a decent haircut in eight months, look like Edward Scissorhands in the AM and just barely had time for a shower this AM.

Okay, enough venting...gotta now pay attention to my DD who's mad 'cause I'm spending too much time on the computer typing and a DS who had just woken up from his all-too-short-these-days nap.

Deep breath...exhale....this too, shall pass. :)

nitaghei
03-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Looks like that, doesn't it? I'm on day 3 with no sleep whatsoever (a good night is when I get 3 hours of sleep), still battling various illnesses - and struggling to stay up at my desk and be productive. And I haven't been to dog training (my preferred "me" time) since November 2002 - yes, it's been that long, and my dogs have regressed accordingly.

I'm really trying to stop this whining. Really!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

momma_boo
03-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Perhaps there's a full moon out? I'm sorry things are so tough. It's amazing how much we can handle w/o losing it, huh? Although, I'm sure we come very close!

I hope venting it all out helped to make you feel better. Once I got everything off my chest in my post, I felt a little relieved.

Sending healthy baby and good sleep vibes your way.

jal
03-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Why do you think anything special is going on. Sounds like an ordinary day at our house. :)