PDA

View Full Version : I miss my son...

JMarie
03-05-2004, 01:24 AM
As some of you may remember, DH was let go a few months ago. We have managed to do quite well since then - thank you, overtime and unemployment - and he is loving the SAHD gig, although he is actively job-hunting. He takes Aidan out on walks, they're working on learning shapes right now, and I come home to dinner at least three times a week. I am just so sad that I am missing all this time with my son.

I know I should be happy that he is with his daddy all day and he is taken care of by a parent and not stuck in an over-crowded daycare (which, unfortunately, most are around here). I just feel like I'm depriving him of mommy-time because I'm working so much and I only get to spend a few hours with him at night before he's in bed. I find myself hoping that he wakes up in the middle of the night, just so I'll get to spend a little time with him. I know I'm not SAHM material, but I would really just like to be able to work my regular schedule and come home before dark...

Thanks for letting me complain...

jubilee
03-05-2004, 02:39 AM
I hope you will get some relief from the crazy schedule! The weekend is just around the corner, so get lots of snuggle time with your son. :)

momma_boo
03-05-2004, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry. It sounds like you are working very hard for your family.
Complain away - sometimes it feels good to just whine, doesn't it?

McQ
03-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Let it out. You've got the right to complain. Hope things even out soon. I know you miss spending time with him. Enjoy all the cuddling this weekend.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

sntm
03-05-2004, 11:34 AM
i completely understand. it's a bittersweet situation. {{{{}}}}}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

hez
03-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Sending positive thoughts your way. People at work ask me when I'll come back full-time, and I've about decided that'll be never for just the reasons you state.

amp
03-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Oh, Jenn - My heart aches reading your post! It is so obvious how much you love your family and particularly your son, Aidan! Hugs to you! It's wonderful that you are pulling through so amazingly for your family! Hopefully there will be relief in sight and you can finally spend some more time with your little one!

cvharris
03-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Jenn, I think it is so admirable the way you have stepped up to take care of your family by working so much. And it is obvious how much you love your son - he is very lucky to have such a caring mom (and dad)! It must be so rough missing out on time with him right now. {{HUGS}} I hope that the situation improves very soon.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

khakismom
03-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Big hugs Jenn! You have been working so hard for your family lately, you really do deserve a break! I hope things get better soon. Meanwhile, vent away, we are here for you!! :)

celfsh
03-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Jenn--

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way and really hope that something works out so that you're able to cut back a bit soon to spend more time with Aidan.

Hugs,
celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

JMarie
03-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Well, my wishes came true! I came into work today and our workload was much lighter - all the people putting in extra hours really made a dent! Around halfway through the day, we decided to end overtime! YAY! I CAN'T work extra hours! I get to go home at a decent hour, although with the new weather (cold, windy), it's certainly not as nice! At least Spring is on its way...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I really appreciate it. I am just so giddy to have TWO days off in a row! It's been months!

mamahill
03-05-2004, 06:36 PM
YAY JENN!!! I'm so happy for you! Have a glorious 2 days off, and does this mean you'll get to go home 'early' (meaning, after 8 hours) on a consistent basis?! Woohoo!

hez
03-05-2004, 06:49 PM
:) :) :) Glad things are looking up!

redhookmom
03-05-2004, 08:43 PM
I am so glad that you are able to spend more time with your DS!

JMarie
03-06-2004, 11:14 AM
Yep! Well, maybe... I might switch to a 4-day work week - then I would get THREE days off in a row! Oh, the excitement!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Jenn,
I couldn't log on till today but was able to lurk and was dying to respond...
Please know our hearts are with you girlie...and I am so glad that I read your update...looks like things are looking up...
We love you and think of you often...
Hugs,
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

caleymama
03-11-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm glad to see that your work situation is improving. I thought of you this morning while reading to DD. While it doesn't totally apply (this little one is at day care/school), the book "Oh My Baby, Little One" by Kathi Appelt is a REALLY sweet story about a Mom going off to work each day. I really struggled when I went back to work and my Mom gave this to me to try to cheer me up. I would highly recommend it - I stil can't read it without getting choked up (in a good way!).

amp
03-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Yippee! Enjoy your time w/ Aidan!