PDA

View Full Version : YUCK!

C99
03-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Unlike Anwyn, Nathaniel really is sick with whatever stomach bug that's going around. He was fine on Wednesday, but woke up on Thursday with a crib full of puke. Then he had diarrhea. And puked on my husband and me in two seperate incidents on Thursday afternoon. On Friday morning, both my husband and I threw up too, but Nate seemed mostly fine....until he woke up last night at 10 p.m. with another crib full of puke. He got sick 2-3 times in rapid succession after that. He won't take Gatorade or Pedia-pops and everything else that he puts in his mouth, he spits out. He seems OK to nurse, though, so at least he's getting something.

I'm just tired. Tired of the grossness and not being able to go outside and having to cancel all of my plans and dealing with a sick, cranky husband and a sick, cranky baby.

KMommie
03-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Sorry Nathaniel is sick. Stomach bugs are the worst!! It's just gross, and it stinks that you and DH have come down with it as well. Hope you all feel better soon!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

DDowning
03-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Oh Dearie, you do need a break! I'm so sorry this is happening to your family. I hope everyone gets well soon!!!

gisele
03-07-2004, 02:05 AM
The stomach thing is the worst. Nicholas has gotten it at least twice. We had constant blowout diapers of diarrhea, and I've been puked on so much I lost count. Good thing is that it's tough for a few days, but they do get over it soon. Keep breastfeeding, it's good for them because it's easy to digest. I only nursed Nicholas, and kept it to one side every two hours (he would puke if he ate too much).

The worst will be over soon (except the diarrhea will last another week, but Nate will feel better in a day or so). Hang in there!

beckyr88
03-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Oh honey!! That stinks! Poor baby, poor DH, poor you!!!

Hope you all are on the mend *soon*!

JMarie
03-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Oh, Caroline! I am so sorry you're having to deal with this, especially since it's the whole household! The only thing we could get Aidan to drink was Gerber's apple Liqui-lytes. Best wishes for a swift recovery all around!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

jmofarrill
03-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Caroline - this sounds miserable. I'm so sorry all of you are sick. Hopefully it will pass quickly and Nate will be better (not to mention your dh, who is usually more difficult to deal with when ill - wry LOL).

Sarah1
03-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Caroline--I'm so sorry. That is truly THE worst...changing crib sheets over and over, and there's just NO good way to clean up runny diarrhea. When Audrey had her bout with the big D, she had raw, red welts on her inner thighs (the diarrhea was so acidic) that took more than a week to heal. The poor thing was in so much pain as I imagine Nate must be...so I feel for you. Hang in there.

lmintzer
03-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Caroline,

What a bummer! There's nothing worse than having a sick child--well, except having a sick child plus sick adults around too. One of my worst fears when the boys are sick is that I won't stay well enough to be able to take care of them.

It's so scary when they can't eat or drink. I'm glad Nate is able to nurse--that must be a big relief.

Hope you guys are all on the mend soon!

jamsmu
03-10-2004, 12:13 AM
I hear you! Carson's been sick for about a week and a half. We were at the ped 3 times in the last week and he's lost a half pound (3% of body weight) in that time. This has been horrible! Its my first bout with this stuff.

Carson wouldn't take the pediatlyte, so we gave him Gerber Liquilytes. Even then, he was puking that right up, so the ped recommended that he have half water, half Liquilytes and then slowly give him more liquilyte, less water. Its working.

So there is an end in site!! I hope you all get better soon... and keep your fingers crossed for Carson, too!