PDA

View Full Version : What FIVE things annoy you about your SO?

flagger
03-06-2004, 11:18 PM
So what are five (and just five please) things that SO does that annoys the ever living sh*t out of you?

The opposite of this thread can be found in the lounge.

For Ms. Flagger

1. She is incredibly indecisive.
2. She always answers a question with a question.
3. She interrupts me when she has asked a question (she will say this is her number 1 about me)
4. She sometimes cares more about her dog shows than her family.
5. She rarely initiaties sex.

bluej
03-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Well you posted this on a bad week! These aren't constant things that annoy me, just things that have me greatly irritated at the moment!

1. Of all the days for DH to move for his new job, he CHOSE, that's right chose, to move on my birthday.
2. He did not take me out to eat for my birthday or buy me a present.
3. He left the house in a chaotic mess after he moved.
4. Along w/ the moving mess, for some reason the family room floor was covered in saw dust. This is the only room (other than the nursery) that is completely baby safe. Unless of course there are piles of saw dust everywhere! Why he sawed boards IN the house is beyond me.
5. Despite all this, I love him and miss him and that really annoys me.

redhookmom
03-07-2004, 12:04 AM
1. He leaves his stuff on the floor in the mudroom. He sees what the kids do and follows their lead. I don't mind cleaning up after the kids, I don't want to pick up his stuff!!

2. He doesn't mind wearing stained clothing.

3. He bites his nails.

4. He falls asleep at night on the coach, watching Sportcenter.

5. He takes crap from his Mom and expects me to as well. "That's just the way she is..."

hobey
03-07-2004, 12:22 PM
1. He is very indecisive.
2. His dirty clothes end up in a pile next to the clothes hamper, not in the hamper.
3. ESPN Classic - I just don't get why you would watch games that are over. You already know what happened.
4. He trys to fix my problems when all I really want is someone to just listen.
5. His sense of humor is slowly evolving into his and my dad's. Think lame jokes and puns.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

new_mommy25
03-07-2004, 02:20 PM
1. He knows exactly what ticks me off and takes great pleasure in pissing me off.

2. He opens a can of soda, takes a few sips and sticks in back in the fridge. It then sits there for days until I a)throw it away, or b) somehow manage to knock it over.

3. When he gets home from work he takes off his clothes and tossees them on the ground leaving a trail from the front door to the bedroom even though I constantly remind him that the hamper is RIGHT THERE.

4. He won't dress DS unless it's a sleeper because "You're better at it than I am".

5. When I pick him up from work and am listening to a CD he'll reach over and change it without first asking if its ok. I hate that!!!

aguinn
03-07-2004, 04:02 PM
1. he opens packages of equipment (for computers, or for the baby, for instance) and doesn't keep cords or instructions with the item so that when i go to use them they don't work or i can't figure them out.

2. he leaves his shoes all over the house - and he is almost as bad as imelda marcos when it comes to the number of pairs he owns! even i don't have that many!

3. he leaves plastic bags and wrappers on his desk, which our silly furballs then chew, driving me up the wall.

4. he collects the weirdest stuff: living dead dolls, obscure comic book art, movie action figures, etc. and then expects me to be happy about displaying it prominently in our home.

5. he will not allow any type of flowered linens on our bed. this i just don't understand... am i married to the only heterosexual gay guy on the planet???

;)amy

mharling
03-07-2004, 05:39 PM
- He'll pick up the remote and change the channel without asking
- He is a better housekeeper than I am and doesn't understand why (i.e. sometimes gets annoyed)
- He smokes cigars (not all the time and he willingly goes to the garage to do so, but it still annoys me)
- Sending him to the grocery store alone adds at least $25-50 to the bill
- He is not incredibly handy (but I'll take the cooking and cleaning over that any day!! )

Mary
Lane 4/6/033

lizajane
03-07-2004, 09:30 PM
1) i feel like he is always at work. at LEAST 10 hours per day, but usually 11 hours. (this annoys me because i love him and i WANT HIM HERE WITH ME!)

2) he tells me how early he has to get up in the morning at least 10 times per month. um, hello. i am RIGHT THERE in bed with you when you get up
3) he hits snooze as many as 5 times per morning until **I** kick him out of bed to go to work (see above- this snooze thing means that **I** get up that early too, because i am the one waking him up!)

4) he leaves his dishes in the sink, RIGHT NEXT TO the dishwasher

5) he tells me stuff like, "you should take some time JUST for you!" but then he doesn't come through with being home to watch schuyler or with doing the household tasks that need to be done so that i can go somewhere.

sigh, but God bless him. he is still my best friend.

millerpjm
03-07-2004, 11:21 PM
I love DH so much, I can't imagine life without him, but......

1. He will talk for hours on end about his favorite hobby, expecting me to listen to every word, but I cannot do the same-he calls it obsessing.

2. His day at work was always worse than mine.

3. If we are both sick, he is ALWAYS more sick than I am.

4. If I am leaving for the day and DS is not dressed, I have to pick out his outfit before I leave. And it HAS to be something that is easy to put him into (no overalls allowed).

5. He always wants more expensive electronic gadgets than we can afford!

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

pritchettzoo
03-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Happy Birthday! (?) :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

ChicagoMama
03-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Hmmmm........to be fair I will post in the lounge as well......

1 - When I am sick, he is not sympathetic. Ever.

2 - When he is sick, he absolutely REFUSES to take simple OTC medications to relieve some of his pain/symptoms/crabbiness. For god's sake, take an ibuprofen!

3 - When the babies are sick, and we are up all night, he won't just take the time and rest a few days later - he just complains about how tired he is for days on end, even though I am willing to let him nap/rest/whatever he needs if we've had a rough go at it.

4 - He always manages to throw in (I think, unfair) complaints about our sex life when he's crabby/when we are having some other big crisis at home just to add more fuel to the fire.

5 - He is increasingly very cynical and difficult with new people & in social situations, which makes it difficult to develop new friendships as a couple with other couples/families or entertain socially with existing friends.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

SeekerMage
03-08-2004, 03:14 AM
1. He is lazy and admittedly so yet he doesnt try to change it grrr!
2. He puts himself first before anything else.
3. He can only do one thing at a time....watching tv of course takes all his attention so gods forbid he hold a baby at the same time!
4. He always complains about not getting enough sleep and being so tired. (because 7 hours uninterupted is not enough)
5. He expects to come home and relax and not deal with anything including kids because he worked all day....so what did I do all day since the kids are my job...when do I get to relax!

kijip
03-08-2004, 09:51 PM
He:

Is not confident in his abilities- for example her bakes REALLY well but always discredits himself

Always wants to know what I am thinking when sometimes I don't want to talk.

Brings our son into bed with us when he wakes up in the morning even though I can't sleep with the baby in the bed. Does anyone have this issue (disagreement on the co-sleep issue- I think it is safe BUT I can't sleep with my son at night...I wake up every time he moves).

He is such a good father, people think I am a bad mother by comparision. (teasing)

I can't think of anything else....I might have more once we have been married for 50 years but this is what I have in the third year of marriage...

EDITED: Ha! I thought of a 5th thing and it did not take 47 years...he is obsessed with finding the perfect pants and grooming his goatee, mustache and eyebrows. A bit of a vanity thing...

lmariana
03-08-2004, 10:23 PM
1. He answers every question I ask him with "what?" Then I have to repeat the question again.
2. Evidently, NO ONE can clean the kitchen correctly, except him. (Should I be complaining about this?)
3. Sometimes, he just doesn't think. I feel like he's just sitting around waiting for me to tell him everything to do.
4. Completely obsessed with Volkswagen GTI's/Golf'ss/R32's...obsessed!
5. Penny pincher! Checks the credit card and bak statements at least once a day. (He's getting much better though)

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

alkagift
03-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Amy,
My brother refuses to sleep on or eat from anything with flowers. I'm surprised he allows them in the house...go figure.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03