PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! DH damaged my car

momma_boo
03-12-2004, 11:47 AM
A few days ago we were going to pick up Sarah from daycare. He was tired and must have been a little careless. While making a left turn onto the street (small side streets) he smashed into the curb with the front right tire. Well, that corner happens to have a storm drain and he must have hit right on the corner of the metal b/c the tire got a big gash in it and immediately went flat. But he also banged up the rim (the metal part of the wheel). Fortunately, someone at the daycare gave DH a ride back home (we live very very close) and he came back with his car to pick us up.

He got it all fixed - new tire, new rim. total was was a little over $300. ARGH!!!! We had just been discussing how tight things were. The thing that annoys me is what I could have done with that money instead - it would be nice to have more than 3 pairs of pants to wear for work. Heck, if I wanted to be frivolous, I've been saying that I would love to get a new digital camera.

He's normally a very good driver (back in his younger days, when he was in the army, he was a driver for generals and other dignitaries) so why does he have to be driving my car when he has a fluke?!?

hez
03-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Funny how stuff happens at just the wrong time, isn't it? Glad it wasn't more expensive, and that the vehicle's back in commission so quickly.

toomanystrollers
03-13-2004, 04:26 PM
I guess it's better that DH banged up the car instead of you - at least in our household, I would never hear the end of it :)