PDA

View Full Version : MY TURN! MY TURN! ME ME ME ME ME!

lizajane
03-12-2004, 12:14 PM
this week SUCKED. there is CRAP all over my house. there is LAUNDRY all over my house. there is SNOT all over my house. we are already WAY over budget for this month (this is month number 2 of the budget, so i feel like a HUGE failure). i feel like i haven't done anything remotely interesting in MONTHS. watching my amazing child is absolutely interesting and wonderful, but after the snot filled, scream fest of a morning i had, i just WANT TO DO SOMETHING SOMETIME EVER THAT IS JUST ABOUT ME. d***it.

the best part of my week was taking a shower this morning in the shower that i spent an hour cleaning yesterday to the point that the tiles shine and gleam like a ray of hope in my miserable sick existance. (dh puked all night monday, slept all day and all night tuesday, and went back to work wed. i got a cold last thursday that peaked on tuesday. and now schuyler has my cold today, while my voice is still hoarse and my throat so dry i can hardly swallow.)

i actually told a close college friend that i wanted to come see him and get really drunk (what am i, 19?) and i actually think i might have been serious.

momma_boo
03-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Oh Liza.

I'm sorry - sounds like it has not been fun for you at all, huh?
Well, take the little joys you can (taking a shower = yeah! in a clean shower = double yeah!).

Hey, I might join you in the whole getting drunk thing! I admit, once while in the market, I was tempted to buy a bottle of Malibu, getting some pineapple and cranberry juice and having some fun making myself some Malibu Baybreezes. The price tag on the bottle stopped me.

I think a little alone time is definitely deserved for you this weekend. I think tomorrow morning you should leave DH alone with Schuyler and go out. I don't think what you do is important, it's the fact of being ALONE!

I hope you and Schuyler feel better soon!

mamahill
03-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Oh Liza - I can relate! On more than one occasion I've stretched my shower an extra 5-10 minutes because it's my "safe place." Will it be possible for you to take off tomorrow (Satruday)? Go to a bookstore, go see a movie, go have lunch somewhere. And all by yourself (or take a friend). You need a break. I hope you get it!

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Oh Sweetie just wanted to give you a hug...
I know you you'll have that home turned around in now time!!!!
Get some rest...and we need to get the boys together!!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

pritchettzoo
03-12-2004, 02:16 PM
So sorry your week has sucked! Leave DH with the baby and go get trashed! :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

hez
03-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Sending positive thoughts to you. I feel for you feeling behind and overwhelmed with house stuff. Just wanted to let you know you shouldn't feel like a failure on the budget. We started one full force last year, and it took a good 3-4 months to get all the kinks ironed out. We still do monthly adjustments. My parents spent an entire year documenting their spending before they started their budget when I was in HS. So in my opinion, just getting started the first two months is amazing!

houseof3boys
03-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Liza I am so sorry at your week!!! You know it will get better though, just go put on your skinny jeans and stare at yourself in the mirror hot stuff. :)

Hope the snot gets better. We've been in the land of snot too and geez does it take a long time for a baby to get that snot out of his system! We are on week 2 of constant snot drip in the mouth. :(