PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep.... I'm going to go insane soon!!!

millerpjm
03-15-2004, 07:44 AM
Actually, I can get to sleep around 10, but then I wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning and CANNOT get back to sleep! DS slleps through the night but I can't anymore. I don't know what's going on, but I don't know how much longer I can do this before I get reallllly cranky.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-15-2004, 09:57 AM
This happens to me IF I wake up at those times I can not go back to sleep for hours, which is why my hubby really helps to keep asleep in those few crucial hours...

Have you thought of sleeping pills, does your body let you take them, I haven't had any since pregnancy but my DR cleared me for Ambien when pregnant it got so bad. I think pregnancy causes this for me too...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

jk3
03-18-2004, 03:31 AM
Same thing happened to me. I should say that I've never been a great sleeper even as a child but it used to be that I just had a hard time falling asleep. Waking up in the middle of the night actually started during pregnancy too and now 9 mos later still continues sometimes- as you can see since it's now 2 in the morning- but not as frequently. Ambien can be a godsend. Definitely speak to your doctor. I also find that if I get out of bed I have a harder time going back to sleep.

Lucia
03-18-2004, 03:36 AM
Strange to see your post because I am having the same experience. In fact, I spoke with my doctor yesterday and she ended up giving me Ambien. I took it last night, but still did not sleep soundly....found myself standing at DS's doorway last night (I sleepwalk). I am hoping that I can get my body back on track soon, because I feel like a zombie during the day. I am also going to start doing some yoga in the evening to help me relax before bed. I also find the Chamomile tea helps, too. Good luck in the quest for sleep...you're not alone.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

sbjf
03-18-2004, 08:46 AM
This is interesting to me, I'm going through a similar thing.

When I first became pregnant I slept pretty good, then gradually I began sleeping poorly, I'd wake up in the middle of the night or just not be able to fall asleep at all. I figured out that this was from pg excitement. That got better though and I began sleeping ok till recently.

NOW, since about 29 weeks along (I'm 31 weeks now) I find myself waking up at 3:30 a.m. EVERY NIGHT! Ok, I figured it was just when my body needed to pee each night. Typically I'd be able to go back to sleep fairly well though. BUT the weird part is that my perinatologist nurse recently instructed me to wake myslef up in the middle of the night (or when I get up to pee) to have a snack (cheese/cracker, peanut butter/crackers or yogurt, etc.) to help manage my insulin levels because as my pg has progressed my morning (fasting) insulin levels were getting too high. She said that was because my body was going too long without any food so my liver was kicking in and breaking down 'other stuff' to make sugar, causing my insulin levels to get too high.

SO, I just found it REALLY interesting that my body already sort of 'knew' that I needed something at 3:30 in the morning, before I even knew!

Maybe your body is trying to tell you something as well? Is there a chance you have any insulin issues? Is there some problem that is weighing heavily on your mind that needs your attention?

Good luck!

Rachels
03-18-2004, 02:03 PM
I was having a terrible time with this, then did some reading about nutrition. I added a magnesium supplement after dinner, and presto-- problem solved. Worth a try!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02