PDA

View Full Version : Why are there no attractive nursing dresses?????!!!!!!!

sntm
03-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Trying to find something to wear for Easter + two weddings + baptism and I hate hate hate everything I am finding. Have been looking for skirts with plans to find a dressy silk sweater or something to wear with it and it is becoming such a hassle too. I like dresses. I want to wear a dress again!!! The only skirt I've liked online is $200 and too brocade-heavy for spring/summer! And I wouldn't even know where to find something to wear with it!

Need a serious Mama shopping trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

gisele
03-15-2004, 04:24 PM
What I've been wearing to weddings and special occasions is a dress that is really a matching top and skirt. I actually had this dress before I was pg so it was good fortune because it's the only dressy thing I have for a wedding that I can nurse in. I have seen them in better department stores like Nordstroms and Bloomingdales (got mine at Bloomingdales). The skirt and top are both two layer - like a satin layer with a printed translucent fabric over it. They are about $80-$100. I think I paid around $90 for mine.

ETA: Someone sent me this link for dressy nursing dresses. http://www.mamamodaonline.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=dresses

sntm
03-15-2004, 04:58 PM
i just barely glanced on it but that is definitely more my style. hopefully i'll find something. thanks for the link.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

August Mom
03-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Have you looked at motherwear.com? There generally are some decent dresses there. How about this? http://www.motherwear.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=1E45DEF0-18E2-4E46-BD78-E08812449988-3179529&productID=2604&catID=1&Clearance=0&xscs=1

momathome
03-15-2004, 05:55 PM
I had bought a beautiful nursing dress from www.onehotmama.com to wear to a wedding a few years ago and no one could believe that it was a nursing dress. I have not looked on the site in a while but they usually have some beautiful things. HTH!!!
-Lauren

divabell
03-15-2004, 10:44 PM
I like the clothes from expressiva.com. What about this one:'

http://www.expressiva.com/baz_product.asp?p_prod_id=D1213&p_cat_id=1

They have quite a few dresses but most of them don't look very dressy.

C99
03-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Shannon,

I know! I know! I had the same problem for a wedding last year. I ended up with a two-piece fitted top and skirt combo from Harold's to wear to my brother's wedding. But I still could not really nurse in the dress and had to go somewhere private to nurse. Have you tried Ann Taylor or Harold's? They have a lot of 2-piece ensembles that would work for a wedding.

C99
03-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Shannon,

I know! I know! I had the same problem for a wedding last year. I ended up with a two-piece fitted top and skirt combo from Harold's to wear to my brother's wedding. But I still could not really nurse in the dress and had to go somewhere private to nurse. Have you tried Ann Taylor or Harold's? They have a lot of 2-piece ensembles that would work for a wedding.