PDA

View Full Version : When will this end???

em_jon98
03-17-2004, 11:41 PM
I went to the doctor last night to get her to switch my allergy meds. I have had radiating ear and neck pain, as well as headaches and pain behind my shoulder blades, since last fall. I have also had dizzy spells and trouble focusing (words look sharp, but have sort of a blurry halo around them--sort of like I can see them but they have a "foggy" quality to them.) I was quite sure that my ear had fluid in it and I was experiencing vertigo with the pain from my ear radiating down my arm.

Well...apparently that is not at all what is happening. My doctor did give me a different inhaler to try, as well as 14 days of strong antibiotics in case of a lingering sinus infection. However, she found that I have decreased strength in my right arm (the side that I have pain on). Since I'm right-handed, the right arm should be stronger than my left. Soooooo...she suspects that I have more disc issues, this time in my neck.

I'm having a neck x-ray tomorrow, just to look for any sign of visible instability, and then it is probably back off to the ortho surgeon. I was just getting re-settled and feeling like I had our lives back together after my back surgery, and now I have more stupid spine issues. Plus, we are about to sign the contract on our new house and I'm really, really nervous that I am not going to be able to work again because of whatever is going on in my neck.

I'm just really P.O.'ed at my body right now :(