PDA

View Full Version : PU on the Diaper Genie

minearroots
03-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Ok, I just can't take it anymore. Every time I open up the Diaper Genie I almost pass out. I've switched to the MUCH cheaper Sassy brand scented bags and just toss the diapers in my regular trash that gets taken out about every other day which is much more often than my Diaper Genie fills up! And a roll of Sassy bags only costs $2!

cuca_
03-18-2004, 01:10 PM
I am with you Anna. I got rid of our diaper genie pretty quickly. I do the same as you, I put poopy diapers in the powder sent bags in a regular trash can. I hated this product.

Carmen

newbelly2002
03-19-2004, 10:42 AM
I agree. We bought the mini trashcan (about 2 gallon size) that hooks on the side of the changing table. It holds a little more than a day's worth of diapers and gets emptied every night so there's no worry about smell. If a diaper is particularly pungeant, the whole bag goes out but because the bags are so small, I don't feel nearly as wasteful as I would with a regular size. Powder scented ones are a nice idea...

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

california_sales_girl
03-22-2004, 01:53 AM
I agree. I think the bad smell just gets into the plastic of the Diaper Genie and smells bad forever. After dealing with the aggrevation of trying to work it, and the bad smell, we finaly retired the Genie and started using old plastic grocery bags.

Neatfreak
03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Whew! Glad that I'm not going to be a bad mom because I haven't registered for Diaper Genie :)

missym
03-22-2004, 03:00 PM
We loved ours for about the first 10 months, but once her diet became more varied, the Genie started getting stinkier. It has now reached critical mass, so we're talking about getting rid of it.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03