PDA

View Full Version : Killing time on a conference call...

hellokitty1
03-18-2004, 12:46 PM
...so I thought I'd post two "Seinfeld'ish" items (i.e., "what's up with that?)

So what's up with the ONE diaper wipe that Pampers sent? My goodness, are we so cheap we only send ONE sample? I found the washcloth in the advertisement to be more valuable than the ONE diaper wipe. I mean, it would be nice if I could make one quick trip out with that ONE diaper wipe but who would dare go out with just ONE diaper wipe????

Secondly, I was at Sam's the other day and noticed a new Tropicana (I think) OJ type in addition to the "Vitamin D added" or "Calcium added". It was called "Light and Healthy" (I think). So it caught my eye bc I wondered how would one make OJ "lighter." I read the ingredients and as I suspected, it's basically watered-down OJ. And I noticed there was a price difference betweeh this and the other OJ. Higher! What's up with watered-down OJ costing more than 100% OJ???? So has anyone tried this? How's the taste?

amp
03-18-2004, 03:55 PM
>So what's up with the ONE diaper wipe that Pampers sent? My
>goodness, are we so cheap we only send ONE sample? I found the
>washcloth in the advertisement to be more valuable than the
>ONE diaper wipe. I mean, it would be nice if I could make one
>quick trip out with that ONE diaper wipe but who would dare go
>out with just ONE diaper wipe????

Yeah! That's what DH and I said. We used the one wipe and then used some of ours. It sure didn't make us run out and buy more! And "stretchy". I've not found myself needing a stretchy wipe. DH was changing the dipe the other day and laughingly said, "Darn it, if only this wipe was stretchy, we'd be all set!"

>Secondly, I was at Sam's the other day and noticed a new
>Tropicana (I think) OJ type in addition to the "Vitamin D
>added" or "Calcium added". It was called "Light and Healthy"
>(I think). So it caught my eye bc I wondered how would one
>make OJ "lighter." I read the ingredients and as I suspected,
>it's basically watered-down OJ. And I noticed there was a
>price difference betweeh this and the other OJ. Higher! What's
>up with watered-down OJ costing more than 100% OJ???? So has
>anyone tried this? How's the taste?

I told DH they had this version out and he told me he could make me some by watering down our OJ. Tee Hee! How dare they charge more for it!

And by the way...you were really being productive during that conference call, weren't you?!
;-)

stillplayswithbarbies
03-19-2004, 01:43 AM
what ticked me off is that it wasn't even a real washcloth in the flyer, just a swatch of fabric glued in. You can't even take it out and use it, you just have to throw it away, how stupid is that.

They really missed the boat with this one.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

hellokitty1
03-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Actually, I was bored in the car so I ripped it out. If you do it really carefully, it resembles a very cheap frayed washcloth. I did manage to use it to wipe up a random spill in the car but then threw it away.

JElaineB
03-19-2004, 10:49 PM
LOL!!!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

mharling
03-20-2004, 12:14 AM
ROTFL!!! I like your Seinfeld-ish thoughts. Haven't seen either, but this still made me laugh. :)

Mary
Lane 4/6/03