PDA

View Full Version : Breathe in, breathe out, count to ten...

jojo2324
03-19-2004, 08:09 PM
I WILL NOT LOSE MY TEMPER I WILL NOT LOSE MY TEMPER

Okay, calming down........

Why does dinner coincide with gnarly child behavior? Why can't he JUST ONCE actually listen to me and get down off the table/chair/coffee table/sofa? Why does he (after whining and crying and signing "hungry" and "please" for ten minutes while I'm waiting for the damn chicken to finish roasting) run away from me when I try to put him in his seat, giggling? Why did he eat chicken last week, but not tonight? Why doesn't he eat anything? Why doesn't he even TRY anything, before rejecting it? Why does Sorrel need to nurse RIGHT NOW?

WHY CAN'T I EVER EAT A MEAL WITH BOTH MY HANDS.

Off to bathe him, and calm down some more...

I will say, dinner was pretty good! I'm quite proud of myself. Maybe I'll get this cooking thing down after all. :)

redhookmom
03-19-2004, 09:10 PM
LOL, thanks I needed that! The "witching hour" just ended here.

brigmaman
03-19-2004, 09:45 PM
I saw the title and had a feeling it was you, Joanne. I hope the night's gotten easier. I think you need some major mommy time.
Congrats on your dinner- the first time I tried to roast a chicken (last month), I left the bag of "goodies" inside. Gross...

Jeanmick
03-19-2004, 09:55 PM
The "Witching Hour" for us is usually between 3-6PM. Usually the time when I need to plan for and cook dinner, when my DS is SUPPOSED to have had a nap (but didn't) and so becomes cranky and when my DD has decided that she wants my undivided attention.

Hang in there...we all know what you're going through...it eventually gets easier! :)

toomanystrollers
03-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Welcome to INSANITY!!!!

Would you like to trade Gannon for Shea-zilla?

tapr
03-20-2004, 02:41 AM
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Our kids are almost the same age and I swear some days I feel like I should be committed! Especially when I take the time to cook something special for Ethan and I am all excited to give it to him, I put it on his tray, he looks at it and says "NO!" and attempts to chuck it across the kitchen......drives me crazy

Hang in there! Watch tomorrow Gannon will eat everything in site :-)

Tracey

Ethan 9/28/02
Owen 2/2/04

jmofarrill
03-21-2004, 01:01 AM
I had to laugh because I just read your post about dinner tonight in the Lounge! LOL What a difference a day makes! I'm glad it was better tonight.

KathyO
03-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Does it help at all to hear that today DD (who will be THREE in one month, for pete's sake!!) tonight decided to make like an ornamental fountain and spout her mouthful of drink all over the table, for no apparent reason? We call it the "arsenic hour" in our house.

And I'm right there on yearning to eat a meal with both hands. DS has had a lot of broccoli and whatnot bounced offa his bald little head while I attempt to nurse and shovel at the same time. I dream of a weekend in a resort somewhere where there's nothing to do but sleep and have teams of highly trained people be extremely nice to me. Ahhh, fantasies...

Ta,

KathyO

jojo2324
03-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Ha ha, I think it's quite funny (and pathetic) that I viewed my stay in the hospital post-Sorrel as just that!! :) Seriously, you sleep all day, no little person (much as you love him) is crawling all over you, and have your meals brought to you (where you can EAT IN BED no less!), and the dirty dishes are taken away...to be cleaned by some person other than yourself! And a buzzer that brings somebody running to help you! (Okay, maybe ambling is better.)

Heavenly.

And yes, we've had to curtail Gannon's water intake, since he likes to sprinkle himself, the furniture, his toys...He got the sofa tonight, I forgot and now my bum is a bit damp.

alkagift
03-22-2004, 10:11 PM
My DS learned to do that last week...are you saying that he'll be spitting water every day until he's THREE??

OMG! Should I surrender now??!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03