PDA

View Full Version : Thank god I have a wonderful hubby BECAUSE

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-23-2004, 08:25 PM
my parents who I can not even think of the last time they ever said happy birthday to me for some reason still can't seem to make such a call...

Oddly I ALWAYS call them on their birthday...Dad's last month and my moms just the day before yesterday!!!!!!!...

It blows my mind!!!!
Now being a mother I could not even imagine not celebrating my child's birthday!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

HoneymoonBaby
03-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Happy Birthday. :)

x( to your mean mom and dad. I would call and harrass them.

McQ
03-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Happy birthday!!! I hope Steve spoiled you rotten! And that Tristan was an extra special good boy.

And if it makes you feel any better my mother sent my aunt a e:mail about getting together for Easter and said Declan's birthday was today. And then I got home and there was a hope you're having happy birthday message for Declan on my answering machine from my father. Who by the way has been split from my mother for almost 20 years so talk about a coinky dink.

Hope your day was great!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

pritchettzoo
03-23-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry your parents are twerps. At least you have a long, thorough list of what NOT to do with your kids, right?

Happy Birthday!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

mamahill
03-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Ack! It's your birthday?! Pooh-pooh to your parents. Hope you had a deliciously wonderful 26th birthday! ;)

aguinn
03-23-2004, 09:25 PM
happy birthday!

we must have the same father (my mom ALWAYS remembers)... the year i turned 30 he didn't call me and when i called him later that day he didn't even remember it was my birthday! my brother (who's b'day is a week before mine and who also gets no love from our father on his b'day) called him to tell him what a jackass he was for forgetting my b'day - his excuse: he was asking his GF to marry him and was all nervous and only thinking of that. okaaaayyy...

the year i turned 31 i was in CA (he lives in VT), three hours behind him, and his new wife calls me (instead of him???) to tell me that they had been at a party and then he had to go to work but wanted to make sure i knew he was thinking of me... yah, riiiiight - and the best way to do that is by having your wife call me? NOT!

this past year when i turned 32 he didn't call me at all (but, thankfully, neither did his wife!), and i can only assume it was because i was going to see him two days later. what a dolt!

i sent him a gift and called him on his b'day each year... whatever - it's sad that he's such an unavailable father, but that's nothing new! a good example of how not to parent!

;)amy
proud momma to aidan

Momof3Labs
03-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Happy birthday, Neve!!! What a wonderful gift Tristan gave you - taking his first steps!!

JMarie
03-23-2004, 09:41 PM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope Steve spoiled you rotten - and I'm certain he did! Have an absolutely fabulous day!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

Bethann31
03-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Happy Happy Birthday!!! On my dad's 60th birthday, I actually flew to CA to surprise him and throw a party with his wife. On my 40th 2 weeks ago, I got a card. That's it. No check, no gift, no "wow, a milestone." I know I shouldn't bitch, because he did remember, but sheesh...... My mom would have made a big deal. I really miss her.

Beth

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
and Katherine 6/03

houseof3boys
03-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Happy Birthday Cutie!!!

Hope you had a wonderful day Neve.

:)

sbjf
03-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Happy Bithday, Neve!

Sorry your parents are missing out on all the joys that you could be adding to their lives.

Yay for awesome husbands though!!

jojo2324
03-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Happy Birthday Neve!!! I'm sure Steve and Tristan spoiled you rotten!!! :)

ismommy
03-24-2004, 09:26 AM
I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Helene
mommy to Isabella

hobey
03-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Happy Birthday Neve! Hope you had a great day!

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

Jeanne
03-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Happy Birthday Neve!
I had Grandparents like that. I'm not sure they even remembered what month their six kids were born in.
Hope it was happy!

celfsh
03-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh, Neve, that is a bummer!!! My parents forgot my birthday last year (as did 6 out of 7 of my siblings!) and, man, was I peeved! Maybe the "senior moments" as my mom calls them are just getting more frequent??? No excuse for my brothers and sisters, though! :)

Anyway, hope your day was simply wonderful!

Hugs,

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

vikivoly
03-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Happy Birthday!

Although I can't relate to parents who never wish a Happy Birthday I can relate to a forgotten birthday. When I was pregnant with DD #1 everyone, from DH to Mom to Sister to SIL forgot my birthday! I went the entire day without a birthday acknowledgement. I'm such a big baby about stuff like that too! In DH's defense he was working out of town and Mom did send a card, I just didn't get it until the day after my birthday. I was definitely feeling sorry for myself.

NancyJ_redo
03-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Ooh, Happy Birthday Neve!! I will never understand why people don't think birthdays are a big enough deal to at least acknowledge, especially parents. I mean, there doesn't have to be a parade marching in front of your house, but it's nice to be acknowleged on the special day, ya know?? One of my sisters is like that, the 3 other sisters and I all send cards, call, exchange presents, etc., and one sister doesn't acknowledge anything...no birthdays, mother's day for my mom, birth of my sister's baby, etc. What is up with that?!? She claims those days (i.e. her bday) aren't important to her, and doesn't think they should be important to others. Huh?? Is it possible your parents live in the same strange universe?

amp
03-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Happy birthday, Neve! Sorry your parents don't take the time, but you know you can always turn to your online family for birthday wishes! We love you and are so glad you are here! Hope you had a fabulous day with your hubby and son!