PDA

View Full Version : Get your hands away from your butt!!!

jojo2324
03-24-2004, 05:55 PM
It's one thing when he wants to "check things out" when he's without a diaper. But when he's poopy, and wants to "help" with the wiping? With or without a wipe? (Hands are much better, in his esteemed opinion.)

That is something entirely different.

Other mildly annoying thing he's doing? He'll pull at his hair, say "Owwwww!!" very morosely, then start to cry. Well, duh. Especially when you do it 3 times in a row.

:) KIDS!

But seriously, keep your hands away from your stinky arse when I'm trying to clean it!

NancyJ_redo
03-24-2004, 06:07 PM
>But seriously, keep your hands away from your stinky arse
>when I'm trying to clean it!

But seriously, you crack me up Joanne :)

brubeck
03-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Joanne this problem is not limited to boys (okay maybe the hair-pulling). Now that she is potty trained Amy likes to sit on the toilet and 'feel' her poop come out. And let's just say that her hand washing skills leave something to be desired. So you can imagine how many times I am cleaning the bathroom in a single day.

deborah_r
03-24-2004, 06:37 PM
OK, Joanne and Helen, you are scaring me! I don't want to hear that there are worse things than the diaper change wrestling match. And I freaked out the other day because he pooed on the floor during naked time - eeeeewwww, eeeeeewwww - but at least he didn't try to play with it (because I saw it before he could get to it!)

pritchettzoo
03-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Joanne, I always know your posts are going to a) make me giggle and 2) be glad I have a little girl! ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jojo2324
03-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Okay, Helen, grooooosss!!! I don't think I can deal with him "molding" it. But, if he's pooping in the potty, then maybe *I* won't have to deal with it so much?

And secondly, Anna, my little girl likes to SHOOT poop out like you wouldn't believe. It's crazy the distance she gets. For some reason DH and I learned fast to stand to one side of her while wiping, because once you lift her legs...Zooooom!

Deborah, Gannon has only pooped once during nakey time, thank goodness! And I caught it fast enough. AND it wasn't his usual sludge poop, but solid so it was easy to pick up.

Okay, did I really just spend that much time talking about my kids' poop? :P

deborah_r
03-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, you know, it is a major part of our lives! Any given day I get to deal with baby poop, dog poop, and cat poop. Yippee! Sometimes I do feel as though my life revolves around the containment, cleaning and disposal of poop. Sad, but true...

Sarah1
03-24-2004, 07:44 PM
I hate this too Joanne!!! Audrey does the SAME THING. I'm thinking, why can't you feel yourself up when you don't have a mound of mushy poo down there??

Maybe we can design a line of baby handcuffs for use on the changing pad........

mamahill
03-24-2004, 08:01 PM
>'feel' her poop come out. And let's just say
>that her hand washing skills leave something to be desired.

*SNORT* ice cream sandwich out my nose. Maybe I'm immature, but I am giggling over that. Between Gannon and Amy, I'm going to have a smile on my face for the rest of the day. Yes, it is official - I'm immature.

mamahill
03-24-2004, 08:04 PM
LOL! Was it with you or my sister I had a conversatin about which sounds grosser - poo or poop? I like to say poop because it sounds cuter. Well, as cute as fecal matter can be...

Ainsleigh pooped on the carpet recently. Thank goodness she's old enough (and constipated enough) that it was a snap to clean up. Gross, but easy. I'll take that over cat barf any day (seeing as how I usually discover the cat barf after stepping in it).

brubeck
03-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Ah Joanne, you haven't even BEGUN to hear my poop scare storeis about Amy. They begin when she was 18 months and learned how to take off all her clothes and diaper (thank you Neurosmith Jumbo Music Block). And they haven't ended. The only good things about it are (a) I can laugh now and (b) I'm fully prepared (I hope) for whatever Andrew dishes out (no pun intended).

Edited to add:

Oh and she doesn't 'mold' it. She just likes to feel it when it comes out. But it's enough.

himom
03-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Please put me down for a pre-order!

Jodi
Mom to Joshua Keoni, February 2003

pamela mom of 3
03-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Ok that really made me giggle, my ds went through a painting stage with his diaper contents..need i add anymore? }(

LOL..

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

AngelaS
03-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Scary thing is that I remember learning in a child development class in college, that poop painting is a totally NORMAL toddler behavior. EWWWW!

Around here, for a while Gabrielle's favorite place to poop was the BATHTUB! Nasty, nasty, nasty!

newbelly2002
03-25-2004, 09:27 AM
In German, when a child "poops" in the American sense (to fill a diaper) you call it "uh-uh." As in, "did you just make an 'uh-uh'" I have to admit I kind of like this.

"Poopsen" is the German kid-word for passing gas.

Unfortunatly, the distinction between the American and German meanings of "poop" is not included in the beginner German phrasebooks.

Friend: "He pooped."
Me: "Shoot. Could you hand me a diaper?"
Friend:"No need, he just pooped."
Me: "I know he pooped. I can smell it."
Friend: "Yes, you can smell it. That was some poop. Don't worry it'll be gone in a minute."
Me: "????"

Teach me to assume that just because something sounds the same, it is the same. Come to think of it, I made the same mistake with a similar word, "poppen," with rather dire consequences. I don't think I have *ever* turned that red. Suffice it to say I was talking about a wine cork, and the vinter was talking about his wild youth.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

McQ
03-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Declan used to pee over his head. It was unreal. We did have the occasional shooting poops too. And the excited, honey, you should have seen this poop.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

deborah_r
03-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Speaking of the bathtub, we kind of think our dog is a bit of a genius because the few times he has had an accident in the house, he jumped in the bathtub to do it. And the first time it was a high-sided claw foot tub, so it couldn't have been easy for him to get in there! While I don't love the idea, it's much easier to clean than if he were to go on the floor.

Then there are the cats, who I swear they seek out carpet to puke on instead of doing it somewhere easy to clean.

alleyoop
03-25-2004, 07:07 PM
We had an incident lately where DS either took his diadie off or I didn't latch one side, either way I was out of the room for a nanosecond and he started to scream. When I come back in, there is poop in a big pile on the carpet (partially smooshed in) and on toys up to 5 feet away! Does poop fly?? DS was traumatized by meeting his own poop.

DH and I tried to come up with a Little People moral to the story... you know, like "good things happen when you help other people", but we couldn't come up with anything good.

LD92599
03-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Ladies:

Thanks SOOO much for the laughs this morning...i totally need it! So this is what I have to look forward to? Right now I've taken to changing DS in the bathroom...open the shower doors, let him peer in and look around and voila..diaper change! Otherwise...he's cruising all over the place and I can't get the darn diaper on..I'd rather do that than be forceful w/a change, something I just can't do to my little guy.

Poop stories...it's just beginning. Oh, and Joanne...as soon as the diaper comes off the hand immediately goes down there to play!

Laura
mom to William

peanut4us
03-26-2004, 04:29 PM
ROFLLMBO! That is too much! And Amy's poop feeling! Gross! LOL! DH has no idea what he is in for... I told him that I, personally, was a poop/fingerpainting baby. And he didn't believe me until my mom told him on a visit that it was true... he didn't think babes were that disgusting bwahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh the fun we'll have!

THanks for the giggle.

Kimberly H
03-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Mia's not interested in her tush (she doesn't have much of one to be interested in) but she knows right where her girl parts are and goes for a finger-grind nearly every diaper change.

On a similar topic, the 15-year old refuses to put diaper cream on his sister "until they find an applicator that is not a body part" LOL!! He'll change a poopy with nary a word but hand him the Aquaphor and he goes white.

memedee
03-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Try a tongue depresser.That is what I use.
How about poops that go up his back and when you take his shirt off it gets in his hair.
This happens EVERY day. Help.

Melanie
03-27-2004, 12:53 AM
This is too funny!!

tippy
03-28-2004, 12:06 AM
As far as poop up the back....I had that problem with AJ frequently until I went up a diaper size. It seemed that every time he started to outgrow his current size we would have problems with "leakage". Or should I say "poopage". I found the trick to getting the shirt over his head without depositing a headfull of poop is to first place a clean diaper underneath him, open the dirty one, take care of the immediate area, and fold the dirty diaper over undeneath him. Then, I fold his shirt under and keep rolling, folding until all the poopy area is covered, grab hold and stretch it over his head. I don't know if I described this clearly enough. I hope so. It really works except for the REALLY BAD poops. In those instances I use paper towels to cover the mess and roll the shirt up on the paper towel instead of on itself. I never thought I'd be grateful to not feel "all alone" when it comes to the poop factor but in a strange way it is reasuring to know I'm not the only one dealing with this. :-)

tara123
03-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Ok-I'm about 6mos. pregnant with my first and was reading this post....saw the humor right up until the third post or so, and now I'm sh*t-scared (literally!). I should have had more of these 'reality' conversations earlier on-but poop-painting????! My mom would tell a story about how during nakey time when I'd poop the sludgey stuff, my dad would grab my legs so mom could clean up, lest I start dancing in the stuff. I've always maintained that that was cruel!!!!!Oh boy!...am I in for a reality check!

And if someone could be ever so indulgent towards a clueless newbie....what do the references to the tongue depressor, and 'body parts for an applicator' mean?

Thanks for reading :-)
Tara

deborah_r
03-28-2004, 08:53 PM
I think she meant her 15 year old didn't want to apply diaper cream with his finger, which is how you generally apply it. And I guess a tongue depresser is a way of smearing it on there so you don't have to use your finger!

memedee
03-28-2004, 08:53 PM
It means that the diaper cream is very yucky and pasty and when you put it on your fingers to apply it is sticky and hard to get off ie I put on a tongue depresser and spread it on like you would put cream cheeze on a bagel.
Btw if that triple paste gets on black wool pants{mine not baby's} it is impossible to get off without the dry cleaner

tara123
03-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks Deborah and Dori! And OMIGOD!

Is this the only forum you guys hang out at? I'd like to at least lurk, if that's OK...?

Thanks again!
Tara

ETA: The omigod was for the black wool pants bit!