PDA

View Full Version : I am a crotchety old lady...

mamahill
03-26-2004, 12:56 PM
ItÕs official. Yesterday I went out to get the mail and a bunch of kids were playing in the pool. Two of the kids I particularly donÕt like because theyÕre so freakin rude to their grandma. Anyway, there werenÕt any adults there, and two of the boys were yelling stuff back and forth. I was kind of tuning it out, but then I heard one kid (the one I like the least) yell, ÒSuck my balls!Ó Oh gross. HeÕs like 8 years old, and thatÕs just a nasty thing to say. I almost just went inside, but then I thought, Nope, IÕm gonna say something. So I yell, ÔHey kid!Õ He looks at me and I say, ÔDonÕt use words like that when youÕre in public. Say what you want in your house, but there are small kids around here and I donÕt want them hearing words like that.Õ And then the kid says, ÔI didnÕt say anything!Õ I kind of snorted and said, ÔUh, I was standing right here and SAW you, and there is a pool full of kids that heard you too. If I ever hear you say something like that again, IÕm going to go have a talk with your grandma or mom or whoever takes care of you.Õ And with that I went inside. When I told DH later he called me an old lady. He was trying to tell me I shouldnÕt have said anything. But I pointed out that I had Ainsleigh sitting on my hip, and how much older did she need to get before sheÕd start bringing stuff like that home. Then he saw my point. Yeah, I probably didnÕt NEED to say something, but I sure felt good after. And, I figure, if I instill fear in the neighborhood kids, then maybe theyÕll leave the pool when we go to swim this summer. Ha HA!

DH says he's going to fashion me a wooden rocker for me to sit in on our front porch. Suh-weet!

stillplayswithbarbies
03-26-2004, 01:00 PM
:)

I told my DH he had officially become an adult when there were kids riding their ATVs in our woods and his first thought was to call the police on them.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

amp
03-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Tee Hee! I am reminded all the time that I am becoming and old and very uncool old lady! I knew it the minute I found myself saying, "Pull your pants up!" under my breath one day when I saw the ever-fashionable drawers around your buttocks attire!

peanut4us
03-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Good job you (and cool font in your post BTW ;)) SOmetimes it's good to be a granny. It astounds me how young kids are these days when they say some of the things they do... and they really don't necessarily understand what the phrase that they are saying means. Of course, sometimes they do. Yeesh! Good for you!

mamahill
03-26-2004, 04:30 PM
cool font? It all looks the same to me... ??

mamicka
03-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Good for you! The world needs more crotchety old ladies!

mharling
03-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Sarah -
There's a 'Õ' in place of all your apostrophes. Don't know why!!!

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

Sarah1
03-26-2004, 07:37 PM
"Suck my balls"??? That is DISGUSTING. I wouldn't want to be living in that kid's house!

caleymama
03-26-2004, 07:40 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. Good for you for speaking up. :)

brubeck
03-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Sarah you are braver than I am! I tell people off for that if they are in my home but I have never done it when I am out of the house. But I think you were right.

I want you for my swimming buddy this summer! :)

mamahill
03-26-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm all yours :) - and just think - I'm not even pms-ing! LOL. I will now admit it isn't the first time I've told some kid to can it. If I'm in public and hear some teenagers dropping the f-word, I've even said, "Do you mind? I've got a little kid here." I definitely need to take up knitting. And wearing safety shoes.

Edited to add: But thanks, ladies, for giving me your vote of approval. Doesn't make me feel quite so crotchety! :)