PDA

View Full Version : My bee-yotch ex-neighbor is at it again...

McQ
03-29-2004, 11:55 AM
So I don't know if you all remember my rant from a few months ago about my ex-neighbor that I used to share a nanny with but here she goes again...

My nanny called me last night and told me that the ex-neighbor just called her and said she needed for her to come down there on April 16th. My neighbor had already made her reservation and the flight times were Friday evening returning Monday morning and told her she needed to know immediately as the reservation expired at midnight. The nanny wanted to clear this with me as the Monday flight totally conflicts with when she works for me. So I told my nanny I'd need to talk with DH to see if we could give her the time off and I'd call her back.

So my mind starts racing wondering why my nanny used the word "need". Should it have been "wants" or even "would like". Now let me just state that I do not mean any disrespect about what I'm about to type but English is my nanny's second language so maybe she just said "need" not realizing the tizzy in my head or that my ex-neighbor really did say "need". I got all caught up in the nuance. If my ex-neighbor WOULD LIKE my nanny to come visit the little girl that's one thing. If the ex-neighbor NEEDED my nanny to come down there, well that's a different story all together.

So DH and I talked and decided that we'd give the nanny the time off. It wasn't up to us to approve of why the nanny was taking off. Sure I hated the fact that my nanny would be with my ex-neighbor but it's not my place to tell her what she can and can do when she's not in my home. And while I may not like the reason that she's taking off, that I can not let that factor in my decision. I looked at it as my employer can't tell me what I can do on my days off so I felt like I couldn't tell her what she could do. The arrangement that we have with the nanny is that we give her off when we take off for things such as holidays/vacations, or life happenings like when our mothers come to visit, doctor's appointments, snow days etc. Things come up in life and we've told the nanny that if she ever needs to take a day for personal reasons, then just to let us know and she can have the day off. My nanny is very conscience about things and she's only once (with this being twice) asked for time off. So I'm not worried that either party takes abuse of our arrangement.

So I called my nanny and told her this would be okay. And then my nanny told me that she was hoping I'd say no because she didn't want to go. So I told her that if she didn't want to go then just to tell my ex-neighbor no. She really didn't feel comfortable saying that (probably because my ex-neighbor can be real demanding) and that she'd rather have an excuse that my neighbor couldn't argue with. So I told her if it made her feel any better then she couldn't have the day off. We both got a chuckle out of that. Things were cool and I was happy that my nanny didn't want to go down there.

So this morning my nanny & I talked about this again and she gave me more scoop. That my ex-neighbor had wanted my nanny to go down there to WORK for her that weekend. That my ex-neighbor was moving from the temporary housing into their house and she needed the nanny to watch the little girl. WTF! So no notice, no asking, just calling up and making a reservation and expecting my nanny to drop everything to go work for her states away. Seriously the entitlement that this woman has is beyond words!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

Dcclerk
03-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Wow, Allison. I have to admit that I have a sick fascination with your ex-neighbor stories. It's kind of like it's a train wreck-- it's so horrible but you can't look away:) She truly is quite the prize! I'm glad that your nanny was honest with you about the state of affairs so that you could "help" her get out of going; it sounds like a win-win for the people who matter!

Thanks for keeping us updated... it truly is quite a drama to observe!

momathome
03-29-2004, 02:53 PM
OMG, Allison! Has your nanny considered getting a new phone #??? Your ex-neighbor sounds like a nightmare! Glad she was honest with you and she is not going through with the trip. Keep standing your ground...
-Lauren

sntm
03-29-2004, 03:39 PM
You need to write a follow-up to "The Nanny Diaries" about this woman! She is unbelievable!

though, strangely enough, i keep picturing her looking like Catherine Zeta-Jones. wonder why...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

papal
03-29-2004, 03:45 PM
OMG! The psycho-ex neighbour is back in the picture!!! This woman is CRAZEEEEE and I am so glad she lives far far away from you! Poor Nanny, i hope she can stand her ground. Allison, have you considered writing a novel about the exploits of this psycho woman?? Truly, each episode has me waiting for more.. though i am not sure you would like more.
Hope everything gets resolved soon!

papal
03-29-2004, 03:47 PM
LOL!
I pictured her as a thin woman in a stylish red suit with long straight black hair. Allison, do describe what she really looks like!

cinrein
03-29-2004, 04:08 PM
My first thought was that your nanny should change her phone number too!

I can't even comprehend the nerve of making travel reservations BEFORE even checking if the nanny is willing to come. Your nanny must be so glad she moved far away, but still irritated as heck that she's not out of her life!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

nitaghei
03-29-2004, 04:16 PM
This is unbelievable!! There's just one thought that popped into my head (and I really haven't been a lawyer *that* long)

Temporary restraining order!!

Your nanny needs one for the ex-neighbor.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

houseof3boys
03-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Yowza! I totally remember how po'd you were the last time she pulled something and this is almost as bad!

Just keep telling your self..."she's my EX neighbor" Ex being the key word Allison.

:)

pritchettzoo
03-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Here's a suggestion: pay for your nanny to get caller ID! Then she can screen out the psycho ex-neighbor calls. Of course, she could also screen yours out, but I assume she enjoys a paycheck...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Melanie
03-29-2004, 08:36 PM
>Wow, Allison. I have to admit that I have a sick fascination
>with your ex-neighbor stories. It's kind of like it's a train
>wreck-- it's so horrible but you can't look away:) She truly
>is quite the prize! I'm glad that your nanny was honest with
>you about the state of affairs so that you could "help" her
>get out of going; it sounds like a win-win for the people who
>matter!
>
>Thanks for keeping us updated... it truly is quite a drama to
>observe!

Me, too! I'm glad you and the nanny are seeing eye to eye. How sad that she was put into that position...

wdland45
03-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Allison,
I know nothing about having a nanny or nanny sharing, so this may sound off, but... Can you call your old neighbor and remind her that the nanny works for you full time now, and that her requesting the nanny fly down to help her puts you in a situation where you need to look for alternate daycare? I have read your previous saga with this woman and I know she is a B!%CH, but, she's not your neighbor anymore, and you don't share the nanny anymore, and the nanny has clearly made her decision that she is not moving to be her nanny, so why don't you very eloquently call her and tell her to find her own nanny and stop trying to steal and pressure yours? This woman is obviously very self centered, and it sounds like she needs it spelled out to her. I am so sure you'd love to tell her exactly what to do, and that is hard, but you don't have to see her on a daily basis anymore, so why not? I know this is SO MUCH easier said than done, and I probably couldn't do it myself. I am just so mad for you, and I so want her to be put in her place. UGH. I am sorry you and your nanny have to deal with this witch! Good luck, I really feel for you.

Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

jal
03-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Sounds to me like you've got your self an awesome nanny.

kijip
03-31-2004, 03:36 AM
So, does this nutter think your nanny is an indentured servant??!! What on earth? Why would she think that your nanny would move cross country on 2-3 weeks notice with no clear contract etc? If I was your nanny I would change my number.

McQ
03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
What does she look like, hmm...you both are way off. I think stylish red suit is more outta there than CZJ. I've never seen the ex in a suit. For work she was always in nice pants and a top and weekend wear consists of jeans/shorts and zip up sweat jackets and tees.

She's 5'6" maybe 5'7" with a sporty build. Dark brown hair that's dyed sandy blonde. Her hair is long shoulder length in a stylish cut but she wears it back a lot. Big facial features ~ big green eyes, big nose that might have been broken (picked the wrong person to fight I guess ;)) and braces on her teeth. She tans really well and has/had her belly button pierced.

She is one of the most abrupt and inconsiderate people I know. I think it's her sense of entitlement is what gets me. That she can just demand something and people just do it. I totally believe in karma and in the end, it's going to come back and bite her.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04