PDA

View Full Version : Greedy Grinches & Little People Easter Toys @ Target

wdland45
04-02-2004, 12:00 PM
This is so trivial, I know. But still, I am so annoyed. I have been running from Target to Target looking for the Little People Easter Set in a tube that is a Target exclusive this Easter. They are sold out everywhere. I am at Target 2-3 times a week and I have been looking for them since Target put their Easter stuff out, so I am not going to blame myself for missing them. I blame the Greedy, Grinch-like people who buy them up by the cart full and then sell them on Ebay for double, even triple the original cost (plus shipping!) Yes, the may be smart entrepreneurs, but what they seem to forget is that Fisher Price put these sets out for kids! Do you think maybe you could leave a few behind for the non-profiters? Listen, I am all for making money on Ebay, I mean, that's the whole point of Ebay, and heck, I sell on Ebay myself. But it just gets my goat when I can't find something because people have hoarded it for their own profit. Guess that's part of the American way.... Thanks for listening to my rant! I know it's trivial and stupid, but it's bothering me this week.
x( Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

nathansmom
04-02-2004, 12:05 PM
I hear you. I can't believe people will do stuff like that.

khakismom
04-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Danielle, that is a huge pet peeve of mine--when people snap up items strictly to sell on eBay.

As for the LP, there are still some at my Target if you want me to pick you up a tube or 2. Let me know! :)

wdland45
04-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Oh Maureen, you are a doll! That would be awesome! If you could pick up one of each style(there are 3 different ones, and of course, only if they have them), I would be so grateful. They are $4.99 each + tax. Do you have a paypal account? I could paypal or mail you the money, plus shipping. Please let me know how I can pay you! Oh, I am so happy, thank you, thank you so, so much! Leave it to a Baby Bargainer to come through in the clutch! Thank you again. Happy Dance begins now!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7
Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

stillplayswithbarbies
04-02-2004, 01:33 PM
there are three different one? Uh oh, I only got one. Now I have to go in search of the other two.

Damn this collector gene I was born with.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

wdland45
04-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Karen,

As a fellow Barbie collector, I can only agree! Darn collector gene!

ddmarsh
04-02-2004, 01:44 PM
That is really greedy when you consider that they're not even selling for that much on Ebay - I just did a search.

Those of you that found them where in your Target were they?

cinrein
04-02-2004, 02:06 PM
My Target only had 2 different ones too! Oh no!!!

They had them on the endcaps in front of each register in the front of the store. There also were some in the little Easter display area set up right when you walk in the door. I didn't see any with the toys. I did see some limited edition FP eggs with 1 character in them in the toy area.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

stillplayswithbarbies
04-02-2004, 02:26 PM
oh man. I thought that is what we were talking about. The one I got is the one in the egg with one character in it.

You mean there is something else I need to be searching for?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

stillplayswithbarbies
04-02-2004, 02:31 PM
another Barbie collector! I thought I was the only one here. :)

Since having a baby girl, I have found that I buy fewer Barbies than I used to. Now I "collect" baby girl clothes. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

LucyG
04-02-2004, 02:33 PM
I agree that buying them all up and eBaying them is very annoying.

FWIW, I bought two tubes of these figures, but returned one (little girl in pink dress, chicken and rabbit) because I didn't think those looked particularly Easter-y. I kept the one of two kids dressed in rabbit suits and a brown and white bunny. The pathetic part of all of this is that I did what I did partly because we already have the chicken and bunny (from another set) that came with the tube I returned. I liked the brown and white bunny better! I just adore Little People!

wdland45
04-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Yup, another collector. Although, I have slowed down considerably. Not seeing my two little boys having a big interest in mom's Barbie dolls if you know what I mean!

wdland45
04-02-2004, 03:21 PM
I hear you. I love the Little People as well. Honestly, I would be happy with any one of the sets, although I know what you mean about the Easter-y thing. I saw the different sets on Ebay and I thought the same thing!

lizajane
04-02-2004, 04:04 PM
ACK! now i WANT them!!! i am turning into a little people fanatic.

target had noah's ark AND baby animals zoo on clearance for $9.98!!!!

i got them for the "gift closet" but now i think i can justify keeping noah's ark as an easter basket gift. i mean, noah's ark... the bible... easter... it is just plain ol' logic, ya know!!

slknight
04-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Now you all are making me want to go to Target this afternoon! I was thinking about it, and now I'm pretty sure I will go (even though it's a 25 mile drive in pouring rain). I will keep my eyes open for them and buy whatever I can find if they've got them.

wdland45
04-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Ok Liza, did ya have to go and tell me about the baby zoo animals!? Can't ya see I'm an addict? Now I need to go to every Target around me (again) and look for these zoo animals! Ugh! - I need my Little People fix! (p.s. - we already have the Ark, or I would have been right there too!) HA! HA! :D

AngelaS
04-02-2004, 05:06 PM
I hear ya! I'm dying to get the Castle sets for Gabrielle's birthday in May. My friend saw a set at Walmart and I went there the next day and it was gone. The toy section lady said they only get them about once every three weeks and when they get them they only last on the shelves about ten minutes!! Waahh!!

khakismom
04-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Lucy, I did THE SAME THING! :) I returned that tube because I already had those 2 animals!! How funny are we?

khakismom
04-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Angela, I will keep an eye out for that set for you. I got the entire castle set at this very quiet Walmart in town and every time I've gone back, I check and it's usually there in stock.

LucyG
04-02-2004, 10:15 PM
What a hoot, Maureen! My husband thought I had gone off the deep end when I explained my logic to him!!!

pritchettzoo
04-02-2004, 11:50 PM
I have the blond children of the corn-looking little girl and boy tubes. I need the one with the bunny-suited children. Would anyone like to swap?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

August Mom
04-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Hmm. Well, I thought there was only 1 style at my Target, but there were a lot left. I'm willing to buy a tube for you as well if you need me too. I can't describe all of them, but I do know that there was a bunny character at the top of the tube. At my Target they were on the top shelf of an endcap in the toy department.

JElaineB
04-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Angela, I saw at least 4 castles in the Iowa City Wal-mart last weekend. Do you want me to look and get it for you if they are still there?

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

jojo2324
04-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Anna, I swear I nearly pee my pants with every one of your posts. Children of the Corn? I've only seen it once, but now I need to see these LP to get the resemblance!

About LP - maybe I live in the boondocks or something, but there is NO selection around me. I only ever see the farm (have), zoo (have), airport and maybe a race track? No castle, no doll house, no sets to go with sets and certainly no blonde children of the corn looking tubes. I'm starting to get obsessive over them! We did get Gannon the ark a few weeks back. Is there anyplace to order them online, that doesn't charge exorbitant shipping? (Ahem, TRU.)

khakismom
04-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Danielle, I have your 3 tubes of LP. Email me at mmcdaniel2 @ kc.rr . com (no spaces).

pritchettzoo
04-03-2004, 01:46 AM
What LP stuff do you want? I'd be happy to go get it and ship it to you. We've got everything around here!

Oh, and DH corrected me. They look like children from Village of the Damned. }(

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

slknight
04-03-2004, 12:46 PM
I found the one with the little boy, the dog, and the sheep. Danielle, you have first priority, but I see someone else found all three. If you don't want it, someone else can. I will be happy to mail it. Just e-mail me at: susan _ knight @ yahoo . com (take out spaces).

Kimberly H
04-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Our Target is getting more on Monday. They said they can't keep them in stock and there's only 1 Target store for 100 miles :P

AngelaS
04-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Yes to both of you!! :D I want ALL five sets (what can I say, I'm obsessive!!!) :D THANKS for the offer! I'll post if I find them!

jojo2324
04-03-2004, 05:28 PM
I would be happy with one tube. I don't know what they look like, but I imagine they would go nicely in the kids' Easter basket.

I can paypal you!! Thanks! :)

wdland45
04-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Maureen,
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! I emailed you. Please let me know if you don't get it. And thanks to everyone else who kept their eyes open and picked them up for all of us without!!! All I can say is WOW - isn't it amazing how people come together to help others that they don't even know!? I am in awe! So, change this post from a B!tch to a Praise! My faith in others is just a bit more restored today, and while getting the LP is great, what you all have done for my spirit is priceless! Thank You all so much! Enjoy your weekends!

JElaineB
04-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Ok, I can go to Walmart again on Tuesday, let me know by Tuesday morning if you already got the main castle set! Do you want any other castle items if they have them?

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

starrynight
04-03-2004, 07:47 PM
I don't have any :(.Wemt to target today, I totally forgot to go earlier in the week.

But if you want to know what they look like just go one ebay and search "little people easter" and a ton come up because so many people snatched them up.

I want some but I have to ask dh if he wants me to have someone grab them for me or if he just wants to order the fp easter wagon from the catalog instead.

starrynight
04-03-2004, 07:47 PM
I don't have any :(.Wemt to target today, I totally forgot to go earlier in the week.

But if you want to know what they look like just go one ebay and search "little people easter" and a ton come up because so many people snatched them up.

I want some but I have to ask dh if he wants me to have someone grab them for me or if he just wants to order the fp easter wagon from the catalog instead.

slknight
04-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Joanne, I just posted a few messages above that I found one tube. I'm guessing since someone else found three for Danielle that she doesn't want them. It's all yours! My e-mail is in the post above.

egoldber
04-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Cindy, the Fair Lakes Target DEFINITELY had them in toy section last week, but there were only a few...

jojo2324
04-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks Susan! Check your email.

I went to check out ebay. First of all, $4 for shipping one little tube? x( Secondly, looking at them, I already have the sheep and the chicken from the farm set! Thirdly, there's a catalog?!?! I've never gotten one!! Off to the site now to sign up... :D

brubeck
04-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Well thanks to you all I went out to Target this morning. It was pretty deserted seeing as I was there at 9 am which is really 8 am... :)

So I SCOURED the Easter section, looking at all the little toys, etc. Nothing! I saw Bratz dolls, M&Ms dolls, even Disney and Strawberry Shortcake but NO LP Easter tubes! I was very depressed. So I went back to the toy section to find the Noah's Ark deal (and I did so that was a score, plus it came with a free video as well as the extra animals) and there in the middle of the LP section in the toy aisle were the tubes! They weren't even on proper display, just thrown into an empty space on the shelf. The bottom of the tube (ie: plain white circle) was facing the aisle. They had all 3 so I got them all! Yeah!

Okay I'm getting excited about $5 LP tubes. Am I pathetic or what? :)

darby24
04-05-2004, 01:22 AM
I guess LP is not that big of a deal here in Canada, I've seen tons of these tubes! Unfortunately shipping to the US doesn't make sense.

I've got the tube of the kids in the bunny outfits set aside for my oldest nephew. I found the others weren't "Easter-ish" enough!

Check out the Real Canadian SuperStore if anyone is heading across the border.

Melanie
04-09-2004, 01:01 PM
I hadn't thought of that, but I'll bet you are right. I went 2 weeks ago when I first saw a post on here about them and I got the last Easter tube, there were 4 other tubes left of the regular people (that we have). I just thought they were popular.

I also got a kid in an egg, it said collectible so I hope it comes out. LOL.

hhmm...how bad am I thinking I could have been greedy and found an entrepenueral opportunity. Being a SAHM requires creativity.

I totally understand how you feel, though, b/c when there's somethign I want and it's snatched like that, I get it. At our Tuesday Morning they have signs up saying they will limit quanitities so all customers can enjoy their deals.

wdland45
04-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I think on certain items like special editions, limiting quantities so everyone can enjoy the deal is very fair and a great idea! I know when I was little and Cabbage Patch dolls came out, TRU limited it to two per customer so that TRU could make as many of their customers happy as possible. If TRU allowed only one person to buy them all, they could have alienated a huge portion of their customer base and that would been stupid on their part. I know people have ways of getting around limiting quantities, but it usually takes a bit more work and may discourage some.

Anyway, I do have to say thanks again to Maureen ( khakismom) - she picked them up for me and sent them Fed Ex just so I could have them in the baskets on Easter. How nice is that?!!

Kimberly H
04-11-2004, 09:13 PM
If anyone finds sets and would be willing to to send them to me, I'd be happy to PayPal you for the cost plus shipping. Too late for Mia's basket, but I'd still like for her to have them.

ShayleighCarsensMom
04-12-2004, 12:50 AM
I have a tube of the boy with two animals if you want them let me know.