PDA

View Full Version : When is it my turn! (warning, pity party)

McQ
04-04-2004, 09:50 AM
So all last week I've cared for a vomiting, pooping and clingy baby by myself as my DH was out of town. He came back Thursday night and asked if I could come home early on Friday so we could call the accountant together. Which I did but he was out running errands and only remembered the I'll be home early part then got stuck in horrible traffic so I ended up having baby duty for another 2 1/2 hours by myself including meal time and getting ready for bed.

Saturday was okay and pretty 50/50 and I was glad to have the help in the house. But last night, DH raced out of bed heading for the toilet. Seems he's picked up the same bug that Declan has so now I have another vomiting, pooping baby to deal with. DH was up all night in the bathroom so I'd hear him in there, then he'd come back to bed moan. So now he's in bed and I'm up taking care of my other baby all by myself who all week has reverted to getting up at 5:30 am. And losing that extra hour this morning doesn't help.

I know it's not my boys fault and I'm not mad at them in the slightest. I really feel sorry for what they are going through. But mama is tired and I really need a break! I seriously have no idea when I'm going to get to sleep again.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

trumansmom
04-04-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm so sorry. We went through a much, much smaller version of this with colds last month. I have always said DH was a much bigger baby when he gets sick than DS could ever be! And of course, if I get sick as well, I apparently just don't have it as badly as he does.

The minute he stops puking, I would just pick up your purse and tell him you're going out. Don't give a time that you'll return, just go do whatever it is that makes you feel pampered. Get a manicure, go to a matinee, shop for something ridiculous, whatever. You deserve it.

Good luck.
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

houseof3boys
04-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Allison that stinks. I hope that you don't get it too! I ended up getting it twice in a month (how that is possible is beyond me).

You will get some sleep and when everyone is feeling better it sounds like you need an afternoon of pampering. :)

I hope your DH feels better so he can help out again. Try to get some rest for the bun in the oven since he/she needs his mommy rested.

barbarhow
04-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah. I hear you. So sorry-I bet you're exhausted. I personally would have moved to the couch. Its actually my semipermanent residence lately secondary to DHs snoring. Not his fault-I think it is because of a mold problem in this apartment. But really-did you have to hear him moaning all night and lose what precious little bit of sleep you get??? When I had the stomach thing I also moved to the couch so as not to keep DH awake. I think women think differently than men. YKWIM?
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03