PDA

View Full Version : Jehovas Witnesses - Go Away!

Kieransmom
04-06-2004, 09:18 AM
I can't believe they're back and bugging me again! I am so sick of saying "No" all the time!

Last year about a month after my son was born a nice lady came to the door. She was a Jehovas Witness and since I had been stuck in the house for a week with an infant I listened to what she had to say and kindly said, "No thank you." My church is directly across the street from my house, not to mention the fact that I am very happy with my religion. (which I told her this)

So the next week I get a knock on my door again. It's the nice lady with all kinds of pamphlets. This time I was short. I said "No thank you" and explained that I was happy with my religion AGAIN. Just to let you know, the nearest Jehovas Witness church is 15 miles away...she drove from there to come to my house! She did not visit any of my neighbors. I guess I was stupid enough to listen to her the first time.

She came 2 more times after this...once I did not answer the door and the 2nd time my husband told her off and told her to leave us alone.

And 2 weeks ago it starts again. Last week she had the gaul to show up again. I did not answer the door. Yesterday she came with pamphlets...I again did not answer the door. DO THEY NOT GET THE POINT?!?!?!? I know they are told to pass on the word but no means no!!! No offense if any of you out there are one but you must have a lonely life if you always have people slamming the door in your face. What makes you think your religion is better than mine? I try to go to church as often as I can...I attempt pray daily if I remember...what makes you think you're holy-er than I am? GO AWAY!!!!

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

tinkerbell1217
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I totally understand. My aunt and her family are JW and do all the visiting things ("servicing" is what they call it). Luckily, they don't force their beliefs on us and our part of the family. I don't understand them at all. My ex husband used to act like a real jerk when they would come to the door, grabbing a can of beer and acting loaded when he opened the door just to get them to go away. My DH now, well, he would throw on a Megadeath or Metallica tshirt and say things like "Satan rocks" when they came to the door. He can't stand them!! They don't take the hint unless you are really outrageous or really rude, asd we have discovered.

It has nothing to do with thinking their religion is better, but as far as I know they are made to do the servicing whether they want to or not. Its their whole life, at least its my aunt's. Her son is very high up in the JW church and I KNOW he gets kick backs for things. He lives in a huge country home on a huge piece of land and has ALOT of money even though he constantly cries his carpet cleaning business isn't doing well. They take trips to Tennessee or North Carolina two or three times a year to attend HUGE conferences of JW to pray and service to the areas.

No offense to anyone and I am sorry if this does offend, but its my honest opinion, I think they are more of a cult than anything. All the things I have heard and seen happen in my aunt's family, well, its like brainwashing. My poor cousin has been through the ringer with them because of her choices not to marry a JW and not to practice the religion. Despite her wishes and her DH wishes, her mom (my aunt) STILL sits her kids down and teaches them the JW lessons every time she babysits. I mean, she has my cousin's DS believing he will burn in some kind of hell if he is not a JW. That scares me! I don't think its right. And, the whole blood transfusion issue and not saluting the American flag...well, I just don't think thats right.

Anyway, thats my .02 and I know there may be JW here and I am sorry, but its just how I feel.

Kelly

MommytoDylan
04-06-2004, 03:00 PM
My BF in High School was a JW and she was very pumped about going "door to door" as she called it. If you are in full time ministry (which means a certain amount of hours spent going door to door and a certain amount of literature placed with people--which she had to buy herself) it is a sort of status symbol within the church. There was alot of pressure on people to go out and be in full time ministry.

I just feel bad for them when they come to my door because I see them as lost.

Meredith

starrynight
04-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Usually telling them you are happy now that you have found Satan keeps them from coming back again.

It's a big reason why we try to live on base if possible, they aren't allowed to solicit on bases. :D

cric
04-06-2004, 04:10 PM
tell them that you will read thier literature if they will read yours - only fare, right? Get a prayer book from your church. My mom did this & they haven't returned.

pritchettzoo
04-06-2004, 05:00 PM
LOL! "We're just about to sacrifice a chicken--wanna watch?" ;)

And to the OP, maybe you could be firm if she returns...maybe say that you've asked her not to come back; you consider her behavior harrassment, and you'll have to contact the authorities if she continues.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Calmegja2
04-06-2004, 06:36 PM
I wrote a little sign, and it's taped to our front door window...

It reads "No solicitation, commercial or religious". I tried being polite, but it doesn't seem to matter, and we get heavy Mormon and JW action around here, so I just go to the door, and point to the sign through the window. I don't open the door.

Bethann31
04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
My DH swears by opening the door naked and then inviting them in for the ritual sacrifice.

Beth

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
and Katherine 6/03

Kieransmom
04-07-2004, 01:21 PM
It never ends! Today when we were coming home from the mall I see these 2 ladies on my neighbor's porch with briefcases in their hands. When I pulled up in front of my house and put the car in park I realized who it was. They saw me pull up...uh oh. So I put the car back in drive and drove around the block.
When I came back around the corner their car was gone. When I opened the car door to get out there they were driving towards me. Funny, the neighbor who's house they were at came out the front door to leave. They had to have seen both of us! I could see in my rear view mirror that they stopped in the middle of the road. They must have decided to leave because they then drove away. It's a shame my next door neighbor did not open the door to them. He's a riot...he's a very flamboyant openly gay man who flits around the house. We love him...he would have given them a piece of his mind!

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

pritchettzoo
04-07-2004, 02:07 PM
You can call the cops with a suspicious vehicle report. Maybe they're burglars with a great m.o.! ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Melanie
04-09-2004, 12:56 PM
>tell them that you will read thier literature if they will
>read yours - only fare, right? Get a prayer book from your
>church. My mom did this & they haven't returned.

I was going to suggest the same thing! My mom did that once and they didn't come back. On the other hand, she did that to the Mormons and they went to our church and told the minister that they counseled a member who wanted to leave the church but felt they could not. ?? Anyway...try the pamphlet thing.