PDA

View Full Version : stores that are not near me

redhookmom
04-07-2004, 05:57 PM
I am so jealous of those of you that shop at Tuesday Morning, TJ Maxx, Gymboree, Trader Joe's and Costco.

I hear about all the great deals and I can't get on them!

jbowman
04-07-2004, 09:01 PM
I know what you mean! Where I live we have Gymboree & Tuesday Morning, but no Trader Joe's, Whole Foods or even BRU! It drives me bananas!

Kieransmom
04-07-2004, 09:09 PM
That hits a sore spot. I came from an area that had EVERYTHING. You name the store, it was there. Then I moved to where I am right now and there's NOTHING. It's quite a slap in the face. I feel your pain!

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

stillplayswithbarbies
04-07-2004, 09:18 PM
6 years ago, I moved from an area that had a half dozen WalMarts and a Target to an area with neither of those.

Finally, we have both a WalMart and a Target. I was driving an hour and a half to a Target!

So, even though I have a Costco, Trader Joes, Gymboree and Tuesday Morning, I know how you feel.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jojo2324
04-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Same here!! There is a shopping complex about 30 minutes from me with a Gap, Baby Gap, Banana, KMart and TJ Maxx. After that, I have to travel 45 minutes to get to a Wal-Mart, BJs or Target. After THAT, I have to travel 1.5 hours to get to a mall!! And Whole Foods, Costco or Trader Joe's - I think those are all at least two hours from me.

Jessica, I used to live in Saugerties! We used to go to Redhook all the time - I think. Is that near Tivoli? Or is that Rhinebeck?

ETA that in order to get to ANY of those places, I have to travel on a two-lane highway...usually chock full o' traffic. So, it could take me 15 minutes to get to the shopping center one day, then the next 45-60 minutes! ARGH!!

redhookmom
04-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Red Hook is in between Rhinebeck and Tivoli.

I don't know how long ago you lived in Saugerties, but there is a Target and WalMart in Kingston now, so at least we have something.