PDA

View Full Version : NEW EPISODES PLEASE!!!!!

tinkerbell1217
04-09-2004, 12:55 PM
My guilty pleasure is Thursday night "Must See TV" and when the heck are they going to start new episodes again???? I am sick of seeing reruns!!! I miss my new episodes of Friends! At 9 I switch to CSI and they haven't even done a new episode! Aren't sweeps coming again soon?? Like May or something?? Geez, I have reruns all summer, I want fresh TV NOW!!

Kelly

new_mommy25
04-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Lol, can't help you there. Thursday nights are all about Survivor and ER!

tinkerbell1217
04-09-2004, 04:59 PM
I used to watch ER, but ever since George Clooney, Julianna Margulies, and then Anthony Edwards left it just hasn't been the same. Even with Luka!

Kelly

brubeck
04-09-2004, 07:53 PM
February, May and November are what they call 'Sweeps' months. In other words that is when the ratings are closely monitored and they set the advertising rates for the next couple of months. This means that they pull out the stops and air great new episodes of everything. Since Febrary and May are so close together often this means that March and April have lots of re-runs.

If you watch a daytime soap opera this means that the storylines really get moving in these 3 months but tend to drag the rest of the year.

Never fear, in May you will have TONS of new TV to watch!

firstbaby
04-09-2004, 10:06 PM
I feel very short changed by Friends this season - their finale is May 6th and it seems like they've had two new episodes this season.

A little OT - am I the only one that can't watch ER now once you have kids?

tinkerbell1217
04-10-2004, 01:46 PM
I thought sweeps were coming again soon, I just wasn't sure iof it was May. Thanks!!

Kelly

tinkerbell1217
04-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Me too!!! It seems like the season is just a waste this last year. You would think with the show coming to an end, they would have tried a little harder!!! I am just hoping Ross and Rachel wake up and decide they do belong together! I am also hoping while Monica and Chandler are adopting, they find out they are actually PG too!

Kelly

trumansmom
04-10-2004, 03:32 PM
I can't watch ER anymore either. I did catch it this past week, and cried for a long time after. Oh well. I need the sleep more anyway.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

firstbaby
04-10-2004, 11:26 PM
I still haven't been able to stop thinking about ER - I'm sleep deprived as well, but it just made me so sad!

McQ
04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I love ER. And admit the tears stream a lot more now that I have a baby.

But this last week's episode made me so mad. It gets my blood boiling that that family may get to take away Karri's baby!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04