PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to my mammary glands

Saartje
04-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Your attention, please! The baby is not here yet. The baby is not due for more than four weeks, and has shown no signs of arriving early. The food needs to stay INSIDE for him to receive it. Thank you.

You have been practicing milk production for 20 weeks. I understand the need to practice, but this is overkill. Haven't we established by now that my shirts and the sheets on the bed are not hungry? Nor do my arms need a nice milk rinse following my shower.

I would also like to add that two inches and 3-4 cup sizes is quite enough enlargement for my breasts. In fact, they were quite large enough to begin with, though I do understand some need for expansion at this time. I can no longer find bras that offer sufficient support that I'm not in pain most of the time. They can stop growing at any time, with my blessing.

Signed,

The OWNER of this body.

COElizabeth
04-09-2004, 04:22 PM
LOL! It sounds like you won't have any problems with supply! :) I remember being very embarrassed that I leaked all over the sheets of a friend who graciously gave me and DH her bed when we visited London while I was pregnant.

Are there any nursing supply stores or stores that really specialize in bra-fitting near you? My large-chested sister had much less discomfort when she finally found a better bra at a specialty store - for #2!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

aliceinwonderland
04-09-2004, 04:36 PM
LOL!!

Melanie
04-09-2004, 06:04 PM
LOL! Playtex underwire alternative nursing/bras are my suggestion to you. They have them at target/walmart, etc. And since you've already got milk, maybe you can already get an accurate size? I waited until after Ds was born and I wish I hadn't. Too much else going on to be bra shopping then.

firstbaby
04-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Love it - that's too funny! LOL

Dcclerk
04-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Thank you for allowing me to laugh aloud while at work! :) Your message was very clear and I'm sure your body will get with the program very soon;)

jojo2324
04-09-2004, 08:26 PM
LOL - I hope they give you a break soon!! (In the form of your bambino.)

hellosmiletoday
04-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Hi. I'm so sorry for your predicament. I have the opposite problem. I was just wondering what exactly is typical...I am 34 wks along, and my breasts have grown only a little. Before my 32-4A bras were pretty loose, and now they are tight, but they still fit. I read that by this time you should have changed bra sizes twice, so I'm starting to wonder...although I dont mind my savings on bras. Should I be expecting milk by now, or will it come later? At this point, I'm not even planning on buying nursing bras for the delivery, b/c I have no idea what to get...guess I will send a family member bra shopping...how fun!

Guess I'll ask the OB about it on my next appt.

luvbeinmama
04-10-2004, 01:44 AM
It does vary from person to person. My breasts went up one size during my pregnancies and that was early on. I just filled it out more as the pg went on. So the changing bra sizes twice doesn't work for everyone. And with you starting out so small to begin with, I'd imagine it's just normal for you. Don't worry about it. And size has NOTHING to do with how much milk you can produce, so don't worry about that either.

momma_boo
04-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Don't worry. I hardly grew during my entire pregnancy. I actually wore the same bras until the very end - they just got a little "fuller" but not enough for the next size. It definitely doesn't reflect on your milk supply, or ability to BF. My DD was EBF until 12 mos. - we've started giving her some regular milk now, but still BFing!

My milk didn't come in until at least a few days AFTER delivery.