PDA

View Full Version : My house is going to pieces and I have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it.

chlobo
04-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Boy has this been a stressful week. My husband had a bad case of strepp throat and has been home but couch bound, unable to help all week.

My already "spirited" 5 month old DD suddenly developed a night waking habit. As she doesn't nap during the day her night time sleep was what held her together.

She also has several kinds of rashes we are trying to treat.

Each day she's gotten progressively worse. Last night she woke up every hour. I then nursed her for a long time and then she woke up an hour after that. She used to settle herself really well after her bottle when going to bed but tonight she won't even go to sleep. Every time we put her down she starts to cry. She'll stop when she hears us coming but cries as soon as we put her down. if we rock her to sleep in our arms and try to put her down she wakes up and starts crying.

Neither of us know what to do. I feel like such a failure as a parent but I'm so tired I can hardly string a thought together.

JElaineB
04-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Poor baby! She sounds uncomfortable! I know you said in the Feeding forum she might be allergic to a food you are eating, but is it possible she is teething? Or has a virus or something? You probably want to check with your ped, but I think infant Tylenol is ok to give a 5 month old. Maybe right before bedtime? If she is not feeling well it might ease the pain and help her sleep. Hang in there! You're not a failure! I have had many nights like you are describing with DS. Sometimes he just wanted to be held rather than put back in his crib. He's a good sleeper now (except when sick which is why I thought of the Tylenol), but it took a long time to get there completely. Hope your husband feels better too and that you can all catch up on sleep this weekend!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

chlobo
04-09-2004, 09:30 PM
We did take her to the ped. He checked the ears & did a throat culture. Both were negative. She does have a couple of different types of rashes on her body so maybe those are making her uncomfortable. The ped. checked for teeth but couldn't feel anything but I guess that happens sometimes. Maybe we'll try the infant tylenol.

luvbeinmama
04-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Just because he can't feel the teeth doesn't mean they aren't moving and making her uncomfortable. DD & DS BOTH started getting teething pains around 3-4 mos and didn't get their first teeth in until 7-8 months. I'm glad it's not ears, that's a real pain. Do you know what the rashes are from?

chlobo
04-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Not sure about the rashes. Its possible she has a milk sensitivity. I had been off milk but recently reintroduced it. I'm going to go off it again & see if that helps.