PDA

View Full Version : I hate rotavirus!!!

COElizabeth
04-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Aargh. Day 6 for James, and I have been sick off and on for a week and a half. DH got it, too, but seems better now. This is at least the third time DS and one or both of his parents have gotten this bug this winter. Ugh. What's the longest it can go on? My ped said up to 10 days, but I thought I read somewhere that it could be several WEEKS! Please, no!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

Sarah1
04-11-2004, 02:31 PM
UGH, Elizabeth, I feel for you!! Day 6??? OMG, you poor thing! I know how awful this is--my DH and DD both had it several months back. Fortunately, DD's only lasted a few days, and we only had one terrible night of the awful, totally acidic diarrhea (although the poor thing had red welts on her thighs that lasted for a week!).

I don't know about you, but my DH was a MUCH BIGGER BABY than my DD was. She was a total champ. He whined, complained...he was just so much work. And his diarrhea was much worse than DD's...he was up several times a night for several days on end. DISASTER! And of course I got no sleep since I had to listen to him whine and complain every time he got up to go to the bathroom!

I can't imagine it could last more than 10 days! NOOOOO! I hope you guys all get much better soon.

And congrats on your pregnancy, btw!!! You must be so tired taking care of them!!! Sending big hugs and firm poops your way...

KGoes
04-12-2004, 01:53 PM
We're on our second bout with DD and DH both "running" at the same time. I cannot tell you how many loads of laundry that I have done!! DD's usually lasts for 5 days.
Hoping all is better at your house. . . .

Kelley
DD born 7/03

hez
04-12-2004, 02:53 PM
A few weeks ago, DS had it for ~7-8 days (though it was significantly better after about 5). I got it two days in for ~8 days. DH had it 5 days in for a whopping 3 days. All I can say is YUCK. DS did much better with it than either DH or I did. Sending 'get well soon' vibes your way!

millerpjm
04-12-2004, 04:37 PM
I hate rotavirus too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DS got it 3 times. I have missed sooo much work already this year. DS had it for 7 days each time. DH and I did not get it...thank god.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

trumansmom
04-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Has everyone recovered yet?

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

COElizabeth
04-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Better, thanks! DH and I are pretty much back to normal stomachs (or at least just a pregnant one, in my case :) ). James hasn't had any diarrhea today, but he went all day yesterday and then had a massive blowout right before bed, so I am not sure he's totally over it yet. Definitely better, though. And I can get off the couch! :)

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04