PDA

View Full Version : Bad customer service at Baby Universe

babymama
04-12-2004, 06:47 PM
So, so frustrated about my experience today with Baby Universe customer service. They say that they cannot give manufacturing dates for their stock of Britax Marathons. Because it's a lot of $ for us and because we want to get the most for our $, it's important to me to get the most recently manufactured seat possible. The woman on the other end of the phone was completely unhelpful and unsympathetic. Like talking to a brick wall. I saw another poster write in about baby age.com saying they gave her a manufacturing date (they're sold out of the New Blues fabric I want, otherwise I would order from them). So why can one online retailer give mf dates and another can't? I won't be buying from baby universe.

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

papal
04-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience. I just got my RA from Marilyn at aRunningStroller. She does price match and has EXCELLENT service. She checked the manufactured date for me before mailing it. She told me that when a dealer places an order with Britax, that is when they make the seats. They do NOT have warehouses filled with seats. So, unless retailers have old, unsold stock, they should have all current dates on their seats.

Hope this helps somewhat.

babymama
04-13-2004, 03:49 PM
I really, really appreciate your response. Didn't know about the site before your post. I've got about another month or 2 of use in the infant seat, and will buy the marathon from arunningstroller.com in the next few weeks. So good to know that some retailers still value good customer service.
Thanks,
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

papal
04-13-2004, 03:58 PM
There is a thread in CyberBaby:Best and Worst sites forum about aRunningStroller...Marilyn is really nice.. i think you will really like her CS. :)
I would rather pay some extra $$ to get good service.. sometimes the BEST price comes with some hidden monsters, in my opinon. Especially on big-ticket items.. i always like to go with someone that has good CS.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=573&mesg_id=573&page=