PDA

View Full Version : Grrr

hobey
04-16-2004, 01:39 PM
If you've never been to Starbucks, please don't use the drive-thru during the morning rush and ask the barista to name all the non-coffee drinks because you don't like the taste of coffee, reject them, and then proceed to order 6 Frappucinos (which take forever to make) while ten people are waiting behind you impatiently waiting for their caffeine fix.

A girl did this today after I was already in the line for 10 minutes ready to sell my soul for some caffeine since poor Nathan was up all night suffering from his first cold.

I'm enjoying my coffee now and beginning to feel more human so it's now back to your original programming.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

cinrein
04-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Aside from being sympathetic to your all-nighter and delayed caffine fix, I gotta ask---your Starbucks has a drive-thru?!

I always wish to myself that coffee places had a drive-thru--none near me do. My coffee consumption has gone WAY down since having Anna because it's too much darn trouble to take her in and out of the car just to get a cup of coffee.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

hobey
04-16-2004, 01:59 PM
>Aside from being sympathetic to your all-nighter and delayed
>caffine fix, I gotta ask---your Starbucks has a drive-thru?!
>
Yup. I think Phoenix has at least 2 with drive-thrus. The first one I ever saw was in Boise, ID about 4 years ago.

Thanks for the sympathy. He's finally feeling better and catching up on his lost sleep.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

deborah_r
04-16-2004, 02:02 PM
I feel your pain! That would totally p*ss me off!!!

And I envy your drive-thru so much - none in my immediate area. Although I've often wondered if it wouldn't be the slowest drive-thru EVER, considering the speed at which they make the coffee drinks. I know they try to be quick (well, most of them do) but it is a little more complicated than filling a cup with soda and giving you a burger that's been sitting under the lights!

emmiem
04-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Our drive thru in Bowling Green, Ky is very fast! To top it off, they are the friendliest kids to ever make your coffee. I always enjoy going there.
Michele

egoldber
04-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Cindy, my neighbor told me there's one in Herndon. Maybe its not too far for you?

deborah_r
04-16-2004, 02:48 PM
It's VERY hit or miss in my town - there are about 20 Starbucks here, and some are DEFINITELY slower than others! They actually lost my drink order the other day...I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

Didn't mean to diss all Starbucks employees!

mommd
04-16-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't even have a Starbuck's in my cornfield Illinois town... :(

I feel your pain, and I'm sure the drive thru attendant did also!

kklein
04-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Yep, there is one in Herndon exactly 1/4 mile from where I work. I have to be honest though - it is much faster to go in and order these days. The line is usually wrapped around the building with about a 20 minute wait (between the hours of 7:30 and 9:30am). Sometimes on a really off day you can have about a 10 minute wait - ahhh heaven!!

Kristen

C99
04-16-2004, 09:46 PM
>I don't even have a Starbuck's in my cornfield Illinois
>town... :(

Yes, but you have Espresso Royale, which is MUCH better than Starbucks. It's got the atmosphere that Starbucks tries to capture, but can't. :)

kijip
04-17-2004, 12:21 AM
We have 24hr drive thrus and the wait is not that long. I think we were behind 1 car once and all the other times we just drive right thru. But I think we mainly go really early in the morning since if another shop is open, we prefer to go elsewhere. As Michele pointed out the people are really friendly. Like pep rally teens on drugs. They are so happy and perky. Which is oddly appealing at 5 or 6 in the morning or the like. They also make the drinks really well so the coffee is as good as expected.

So great service, great hours, fast but middling Starbucks coffee...life is a tradeoff. And drive thru took on added importance with a baby.

mommd
04-17-2004, 12:40 AM
True, it is pretty good, with prices to match Starbucks now! :)

Kieransmom
04-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Sadly enough, I've become desperate enough for my morning caffeine fix to use freeze dried coffee. Yuck! As a SAHM packing the baby in the car and driving to get coffee is a P.I.T.A. Makes me miss those days at work. It's quick and it does the job. Weekends when daddy is home we go all out and use the COFFEE MAKER. Whoa.

We have a Dunkin Doughnuts with a drive thru for coffee...not my idea of gourmet. I'm jealous that your Starbucks has a drive thru!

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

jbowman
04-17-2004, 11:54 PM
I love Espresso Royale!

hobey
04-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Ah...Espresso Royale. Makes me long for my college days. :)

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

ShayleighCarsensMom
04-18-2004, 10:04 PM
One thing about the drive through that I dont understand...why does a professionally dressed person with no kids in the car wait in the drive through line??????
Cant they get out and get it????
I guess its part of the American culture, but I only go throught the drive through if I have the kids with me or if I'm still in my pj's, LOL!

C99
04-18-2004, 11:43 PM
I NEVER understood why there were drive-throughs at some places (like Starbucks) until I had a child. Now I think, "Why doesn't Panera have a drive-through?" or similar thoughts.

DDowning
04-19-2004, 11:57 AM
yep - I agree! I *LOVE* the drive through option for prescriptions at my local Sav-on and I drive an extra mile out of my way to go to a Wells Fargo that has a drive up ATM.

McQ
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I know this isn't eactly near you, but there's a drive-thru Starbucks off of Columbia Pike. Near the Harris Teeter I think.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

jk3
04-19-2004, 05:19 PM
You are so lucky to have a drive-thru! The only drive thru in a 15 minute radius is Burger King + it would be amazing to have a drive thru for coffee. I don't think the zoning laws here permit such a thing otherwise someone would be gettting rich off the concept!

Hope they get your order right next time. =)

brigmaman
04-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Wow, drive-through pharmacies would be amazing! I remember there were some in Florida when I lived there.
Sometimes when Brig was sick and still pretty small, driving was the only thing that would soothe him (and me after an all night croup cry-a-thon) We're pretty limited on drive-through anything out here, so I'd hit McDonalds just so I didn't have to get out of the car with him.