PDA

View Full Version : My "sister" is a moron

jd11365
04-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Ok, so that might be strong, maybe idiot is better terminology. Anyway, she is my 1/2 sister...we have the same father (which explains a lot). She's always lived in another state, so we've never been close to begin with.

So I finally get up to see my best friend and her new baby and my dad calls to tell me the plane has landed...What plane???? "The plane with your sister and nieces...I told you they were coming a few weeks ago, remember?" NO! Could you have been more specific??? So I visit w/ my friend for a little while and then leave to come back (45 minute schlep). My sister is hungry so they go to an early dinner. By the time I get there, they've finished...great. I eat a fast salad bar and they come to my house...which of course was not in the shape I would have prefered for company coming over...great again.

"We'll be hanging at the pool tomorrow, so maybe you can drop by." So with that, I plan waking up early so Kayla can get an early nap, I don't bring lunch to playgroup because I assume I'm leaving right from there to go spend time with my sister and nieces at their hotel pool. Wrong. I get a phone call at playgroup..."We decided to go to Universal today...we'll do the pool tomorrow." Thanks a lot.

So today we are at the pool and my sister is blah, blah, blah, "I don't eat, I lost 20 pounds (like she ever needed to), I gained most of my weight when the girls were Kayla's age..." Thanks. Then she gives the baby a (granted, tiny) piece of her french fry before I could blink and then tell me to be careful giving fried foods because they are usually fried in peanut oil and how peanut oil is dangerous because of it's high allergic properties. Well, thanks a lot...she's never had fried food before so I never needed to worry! (I quietly checked as I was leaving and it was vegetable oil, but nonetheless.)

I know, stupid to complain about, but I feel better now...thanks.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

brigmaman
04-24-2004, 04:40 PM
What a crazy couple of days! Hmm...hope you didn't change any plans for us! ;)

gravymommy3
04-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Jamie,

On top of all of your resons that she is an idiot, she is wrong about peanut oil. My oldest DD has life-threatening peanut and egg allergies. However, she can eat Chik-fil-a items which are all fried in peanut oil. I was confused by this and asked the allergist (she had the Chik-fil-a prior to the discovery of the peanut allergy.) He told me that peanut oil does not contain the peanut protein and the protein is what causes the allergic reaction. Not saying that a person who is, say, allergic to the extent that being in the same room with someone who has consumed peanuts causes a reaction won't be sensitive to peanut oil, but most of those with peanut allergies don't react to peanut oil. So don't worry about that.

jd11365
04-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Ha! No...

1. At least I knew you were actually coming to my state.
2. We never set any actual plans of any kind.
3. I like you to begin with.

All things that make this different!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

jd11365
04-24-2004, 05:37 PM
That is excellent information. To be honest, I never even thought of it...it just added to my things to worry about list...and now I can take it right back off. See, told you she was a idiot. And, she's a paramedic and worked in a pediatric office as a "nurse". She also went to school the past few years to be a *gasp* teacher...my profession...because of the hours...great, I want my kid in her dedicated class. Thankfully she quit with only one semester to go to do the paramedic thing.

Thanks...you made me feel better.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

votre_ami03
04-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Amy, That is good to know! I live for Chic-fil-a & Nolan has also had some of their tasty chicken! :)

(((Andrea))) I can so relate! I had family in town last month & it was a total PIA. Nolan's schedule was all messed up to accomodate them. Ugh!

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03