PDA

View Full Version : PBK Sheets--UPDATE

jamsmu
04-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Those of you who "know" me, know that I love PBK and nearly all of DS' room is deco'd from there. Heck, I even worked there and my sis is a mgr there. But, now, I have a MAJOR rant:

PBK cribsheets suck!!!

I'm sorry, I hate saying that term, but I am sick and tired of making the 25 minute trek to the mall to exchange the cribsheet for another one, only to have to exchange the cribsheet again. The elastic keeps wearing out, or popping, or something so that as I am making the bed, I realize that the elastic doesn't work and I can't use it!!

Now, since I have a relationship with the people at PBK, they have been very nice about letting me exchange it. But there are two reasons I am so perturbed:
1) I just exchanged one on Tuesday and another broke on Saturday, so I need to go back again
2) Much more importantly, this is a safety issue!! Crib sheets are meant to be tight fitting and should not be losing their elasticity. I have bedsheets from highschool on my guest room bed and they still have elasticity.

Now, I don't want to spend more money, but I don't really feel I can trust PBK again for the sheets. So now I need to hunt down a green sheet that will match PBK green so that the room still "works."

I'm sending this post to the Fields, because I think its important that they know this.

Thanks for listening!

Edited to update:

I spoke with my sister today. She is the stock room manager at a PBK in NJ. (So she deals with the damaged items and returns.) She said that she has seen this sort of thing happen before with crib sheets, though it doesn't happen often. She did say that it never happens with twinsheets, which she thinks is because they are elastic all around (which is how the cribsheets used to be before they re-vamped them 2 years ago.)

papal
04-25-2004, 10:25 PM
UGH!! That totally stinks!!!! I thought PBK made quality bedding.. what happened???!!

Julie, what kind of green are you looking for? Solid, gingham..? I saw some in The Company Store catalog, a while back. I have sheets from there and have had no problems so far. Do you have a picture or a link to the sheets you have right now? I could try hunting down something for ya.

slknight
04-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Hmmm. Interesting. I am a major PBK lover too. I've got the flannel crib sheets with the animals on them and have never had any problems with them. I wonder if they have different manufacturers making them? It sure stinks that you're having so many problems though.

jamsmu
04-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Rashmi,

You're the best! Its just the solid green chambray sheets.

http://tinyurl.com/2eh4w

I was in a huff about them last night a vented because I was so frustrated. Especially when Carson spit up on the sheet I was about to take back.

I'd been thinking about Company Store. I get their catalogs but never heard anything about their quality. (and the Baby Bargains Book is in the basement somewhere--whoops!)

Don't worry about looking right now, I can look today, too. Just get ready for your big trip!! (I hope the weather turns around by the end of the week.)

papal
04-26-2004, 10:47 AM
I only saw Gingham mint of the Company Store website:
http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=el93x&dept%5Fid=1555
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4943.jpg

I am sure i have seen solid someplace...let me rack my brains and come back and edit this.

McQ
04-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Those are the ones we have too and I've (knock on wood) never had a problem. I also have the blue chambray but don't use those as much as the animals.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

Kieransmom
04-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that is very strange. I also have the flannel sheets and I love them. In fact, I've bought them for everyone I know who has had babies recently. I've had mine since November with lots of use and they're fine.

Are they the cotton ones or the flannel?

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

Kieransmom
04-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Ooh, they're nice!

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

AdoptChina
04-26-2004, 02:21 PM
I have both the PBK and Company Kids sheets. Both have held up well. The CK are thinner, butI still like them.

pritchettzoo
04-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Carousel Designs has a ton of great solids and ginghams. They got a good review in The Book :) and I've seen some good reports here. One fairly recently about their sheets staying nice and not fading. They have a celery which looks to be close: http://www.carouseldesigns.com/set.asp?number=90

Grrr to the PBK sheets! ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jamsmu
04-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Anna, I ordered a bunch of green swatches. Thanks so much for your suggestion. I hope it works!!

hellosmiletoday
05-04-2004, 12:33 AM
FYI, I ordered swatches from the Company store in solid green and gingham green. I thought it would match with my mint green bedding my mom made with fabric from JoAnns. However, the color of the swatches was more of a lime green...so I think it might match with the PBK "green". It took a few weeks to get the swatches, but the material was very nice...too bad they didnt work.

I ended up getting Koala brand mint green sheets, because they match perfectly.

mom_to_zach_n _brady
05-26-2004, 09:33 AM
http://www.babysheets.com/

These are very safe. Not sure if the colors will suit your design, but my 5 year old (when in crib) and 18 month old have never slept on anything else.

HTH someone.