PDA

View Full Version : Really bad morning!

SeanaRain
04-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Apparently, I am a changeling today!

Let me preface this by saying that I work late evenings/nights. I usually sleep until about 11 am or so. Sometimes later, sometimes earlier. Just depends. And even though today is one of my days off, I try to sleep as late as possible so I can stay on the same schedule. I also have a sign on my door letting people know that I work nights and to not knock. My dogs go crazy!!!! when they hear noises outside, especially someone at the door.

Anyway...

This morning at about 8:30, I am awoken by the sound of people walking above me. That's interesting, considering the only thing above me is my roof! Apparently, the roofers had decided to start work at 8:30 this morning. After being told by my landlord that I work nights and after seeing and READING!! the sign on my door. I roll over and try to go back to sleep. Then, the hammering starts. That's it!!

I roll out of bed, throw on some semi-decent clothes and head outside. Now, this is where the changeling part comes in. You see, I am far from the confrontational type. I usually go out of my way to never be in such a situation. So, anyway, out I go into the brisk morning air to find the guy in charge. Lucky me! He just happens to be coming down the ladder. Goodie!

"Is there some reason you guys are working on my house at this time of day?"

Roofer: "Ummmm, because we have to?"

"I work nights, I'm almost 8 months pregnant, I've been in bed for about 2 hours. I need my sleep! I know my landlord told you to come in the afternoon and there is a very clear sign on my door that I work nights. Did you somehow think that the walking around and hammering on my roof wouldn't disturb me?!?"

Roofer: "Oh, well, I saw your sign. And well, this is a two day project. We'll come back tomorrow after noon so you can sleep."

*big deep breath*

"How much do you have left today?"

Roofer: "A couple of hours probably. And then we'll be out of your way."

So I'm standing there fuming, sleepy, tired and pissed. I just sigh and turn around and walk back into my house.

So, I have been up since 8:30 this morning with very little sleep. My dogs have been barking like mad because of all the noise. They've been too excited to listen to me, so I tried to put them in their cages. One got too excited/scared and pee'd on the carpet. So, now I have to soak up dog pee. My head is starting to pound in rhythm with the bloody hammering and I think I am going to go nuts!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done!

momathome
04-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Yikes, Aleyna!!! I would be really pissed, too. What the h*ll were they thinking??? Try and get some rest - I am sure they are now regretting having messed with a pregnant lady!
-Lauren

deborah_r
04-28-2004, 04:27 PM
I am super-impressed that you confronted them! I would have convinced myself that what they had to do was more important, blah, blah, blah, and would have just sat there fuming. Good for you - and I hope you get to take a nap today!