PDA

View Full Version : Grr! Growing Family Network/First Foto screwed up order

proggoddess
04-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Just wanted to post this as a warning to others.

We had DD's picture taken at the hospital by the First Foto photographer. We phone-ordered a package with 2 of the 3 poses they had. We asked for several sheets of the First Facts wallets (personalized with her birth infomation), some 5x7s, a couple 8x10s, and a package of birth announcements.

We received the order a week later with no less than 5 errors. Too many 5x7s. Not enough wallets. No personal info on the wallets. Only one pose. The birth announcements had the wrong information.... We called to complain and they said they'd rush us a corrected order. They said they received only one pose from the photographer, not three. (Why give us a choice in poses if there's really only the Photographer's Choice to choose from?)

A week later (some rush, huh?) the new pictures and announcements arrive. Still no personalized information on the wallets. We decided to not have them send us *yet another* order, but to just write her information on the back ourselves.

Also, they automatically sign you up for Parents magazine, and $10 of your order price goes towards the subscription. They will refund your money, but only if you send in your receipt within 28 days. I don't think I saw this anywhere before we ordered the pictures. Now I am waiting the 6-8 weeks to get my money back.

We will never use First Foto or their Sears Portraits Studio affiliates. They were incompetent when it came to processing our order and they were deceptive when it came to sneaking in this extra $10 charge for a magazine I do not want.

I think I will post this at PlanetFeedback.com as well so the company will know how dissatisfied we are.

Jeanmick
04-28-2004, 02:34 PM
I can totally relate! When our DS was born, we had our picture taken by the First Foto photographer at the hospital too! It was strange, but the gal running the camera seemed to be a bit flighty and seemed to have some difficulty with the camera. Oh well, took the picture and we were off.

I never really heard from them, so after some time, I called them. Talked to the salesperson, she hemmed and hawwed, then forwarded my call to a supervisor. When I talked to the supervisor, she proceeded to tell me that they screwed up on the pictures. Apparently the camera at our hospital was BROKEN and so they didn't have ANY pictures for me. Not only were we affected, but ALL babies born that week at that hospital did not have their first photo taken. I was ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!!!!!!!!!!

They offered me a chance to go back to the hospital and take a picture (yeah, right...after 3 weeks?) or a free 8 x 10 and sitting at their local Sears Studio. I didn't even take them up on their offer. I gave them a piece of my mind and told them to take my name off their list. Funny...I haven't gotten any junk mail this time round like I did with my DD.

I'm over it now, but unfortunately, I won't have pictures of my DS's first "formal" (if you can call it that) photo like I did with my first born. At least we had tons of family take wonderful pictures at the hospital, and to tell you the truth, they're much better.

Edited to add: I'm sure that the majority of the pictures taken by this company turns out fine...we had no problem with my DD, but I'm sad that my DS will not have these kinds of pictures for his baby book. :(

amp
04-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Sorry you had such a rotton experience. I just wanted to note that our hospital pics w/ Growing Family were fine. The order came as ordered and we did not have any extra charges.

brubeck
04-28-2004, 06:24 PM
I am sorry that you had such a bad experience however to present a balanced view I should say that we had photos from them twice and both times they turned out fine (although they took FOREVER to arrive). One set was even a free set (promotional because DD was born on a holiday) and it arrived in just as good a condition as DS's photos.

Neither time did we get charged for Parent's magazine. That might be a new thing but it is certainly something to look out for!

Also, when they take the photos they give you a printout with digital copies of the 3 pics. If you have that then how come they don't have the pictures?

August Mom
04-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Sorry you are having such a rough time. Our photos from Growing Family turned out fine and we weren't charged for a magazine (that I know of). As for the different poses, though, I was told that if you don't select an alternative pose before leaving the hospital, then you are stuck with the photographer's choice of poses. And, I was told that you can only choose 1 pose. I learned this when I was attempting to order 2 poses from home. So, we wound up with the photographer's choice of poses. My complaint was that I didn't know ahead of time that DS was getting his photo taken. The nurse just came into the room and said she was taking DS for his picture. He's wearing the hospital-issue t-shirt when he could have been wearing a cute outfit.