PDA

View Full Version : Aaargh....Insenstitive Idiot

hobey
05-02-2004, 04:12 AM
Well, I returned to work last Thursday after being off for 4 1/2 months and my DH is now working part-time from home and being the SAHD. I was talking to one of my coworkers and mentioned that DH is now a SAHD and the only comment he made was, "You better watch out. DS will get really attached to DH. Make sure you can deal with that."

WTF?!? As if DS bonding with DH is a bad thing?!? I'm still his mommy and last I checked all children still retain a special bond with their moms, working or not. I was so shocked that all I could do was nod and put my fake smile on. Some people......

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

redhookmom
05-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Oh my! Don't tell your co-worker about my family. My kids have a special bond with Dad and he works 50hrs a week!!

Don't let the morans get you down!

bluej
05-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't want my child to get really attached to his dad, that would be such a terrible thing. Not. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. My daughter is a major Daddy's girl. Always has been and I've always been the one home with her. Good Lord I must be a terrible parent if he's the one she's really attached to, yet she spends most of her time with me. As you already know, your coworker is an idiot.

jbowman
05-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Sounds as if your co-worker is a member of that mom's message board in Dallas!

Sarah1
05-02-2004, 01:20 PM
My response to that would be, "I should be so lucky!"

What an IDIOT.

hobey
05-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Tell me about it. The fact that such stigmas and perceptions still exist still means we as women have a long way to go. Ah well, it takes all kinds of people to make this world I guess. My delayed reaction to his comment was to ask him how he felt about his kids in day care. Were they "abnormally" attached to their CP and how were he and his wife dealing with it? But rather than open up that can of worms at work, my feet will be staying out firmly out of my mouth.....

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

Melanie
05-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Oh Raquel, you've really got to put an end to that! Pretty soon your husband will be reading him stories and then before you know it - BAM! He'll be playing sports with him, coaching him on teams.

Really, you've got to nip that daddy-bonding thing right now!

*eyeroll*

Your comeback would have been pretty great, but it probably wouldn't accomplish anything with people like that. I can't stand the "Your child is going to be too attached" camp!