PDA

View Full Version : The obligatory hair loss gripe

jojo2324
05-04-2004, 09:39 PM
I am tired of picking wigs out of the bath drain. I am tired of my showers lasting about 45 minutes because I become an orangutan while rinsing my hair. I am tired of pulling hair out of my kids' mouths, off the dishes, out of the dishwasher, off my pillow, off ME, off ANYTHING!!!! Since I am a total princess (as in, and the Pea), if I have one strand of hair on me, I completely freak out and can't settle down until I locate and remove it.

deborah_r
05-04-2004, 11:46 PM
OMG Joanne I am the same way. If I can feel that there is a stray hair on my arm or something I have to stop everything to get it off of me! DH is looking at me like "what the heck are you doing?" because he obviously can't see the hair. I found a hair in Kai's diaper tonight.

The funny thing is if I mention it to people sometimes they have no idea what I'm talking about. I've never asked at playgroup, but I was mentioning it to my MIL one day (who has 4 kids) and she was like "why are you losing hair?" and then "well, maybe it's the heat". No I don't think it's hte heat since it's been going on for about 6 months now! Does she not remember losing hair? Maybe not everyone has this happen???

I feel your pain - bitch away!!!

houseof3boys
05-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Whoooo...I was just beatching this to my hairdresser yesterday who was laughing at my little wispies that are growing in from all of my hair loss right after Ryan!

I am still losing clumps of hair too. Maybe its the nursing and the hormones still?

I find Gordon, our dog, hairs in Ryan's dipes more than my own so I don't feel so bad since he is shedding more than me right now. :)

bluej
05-05-2004, 09:26 AM
I am so glad to hear some May/June mommies are still losing their hair too! I don't know what is going on! I'm chalking it up to the fact that I'm still nursing 4-5 times a day. But really, I don't know what it is.

mamahill
05-05-2004, 11:44 AM
That's why I would wear a ponytail to bed at night, so that I wouldn't wake up in a nest of hair. NASSSSSSS-TEEEEEEEEE.

No help, just sympathy.

alkagift
05-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Oh, Sarah, you make me laugh so hard, I'm crying!

Yep, y'all, I'm getting a short haircut. And highlights. I can't stand the horns--with my cowlicks it's just NOT a pretty look. I figure if I hate it (which I may, 50-50 chance), I'll grow it out.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

brubeck
05-05-2004, 02:00 PM
I feel for you Joanne! I had the big hair loss about 14 months ago. Then about 11 months ago I started growing it in again. Now I have half a head full of 4 inch hairs. It's bizarre and causes my hairbrush to do nasty things in the morning. Yikes!

I just want my original hair back!

jbowman
05-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Joanne--

I could have written your post! I keep wondering: when I am going to stop shedding? I feel as if I need the "Hair Club for (postpartum wo)Men!"