PDA

View Full Version : Feeling bummed...trainer always cancels at the LAST minute!

Kate888
05-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Well...due to my lower back pain and low energy level, I finally decided to spend some $$ to work with a trainer. Summer is almost here too, so I'm very motivated to get in shape. However, the trainer I've been working with always cancels our appointments at the last minute!! Grr... Twice after I'd been there, which was ok, because I just hopped on a bike and worked out by myself. However, the recent 3 or 4 times, she called right before I was about to leave the house. It was so frustrating!! Couldn't she call a little early so at least I could plan the evening accordingly? The reason she canceled our appointment is due to health issues (e.g. "about to pass out", "feeling like food-poisoning", "migrain" etc). I've been very understanding when she told me that she had to cancel, but this is causing major frustration!

Thank you for letting me vent :) Obviously the DQ vanilla cone dipped in chocalate didn't make me feel better...

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/ptrose.gif

crl
05-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh, that would really annoy me. I get annoyed when dh backs out on a joint work-out and he's not getting paid to be my motivation! I might think about finding a new trainer. Once or twice, I can see, but it sounds like she's backing out on you on a regular basis.

Marisa6826
05-08-2004, 07:24 PM
A trainer with recurrent health issues? That's kind of weird.

I would either say something to the healthclub management or find somebody new.

Good luck and I think you deserved the ice cream ;)

-m

lukkykatt
05-08-2004, 10:48 PM
So she cancelled on you at least 5 times, it looks like? I'd say that is pretty unprofessional to say the least.

I worked out with a trainer over the course of 3 months, and she only cancelled once in that whole time. Our appts were at 9 am and she still gave me an hour notice, which is about all she could give under the circumstances (I wouldn't want to call anyone before 8 am).

I would think about having a conversation with her about your expectations. Have you already paid the whole fee up front? And directly to her or to a gym? If things don't improve, I would definitely be looking for someone new.

Kate888
05-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Yes, I'm thinking about getting a new trainer, or have a talk with her. However, these are situations that I'm always trying to avoid (what a pushover). I've paid the whole fee up front and there is 11 sessions left. Not sure if the fee goes to the gym or the trainer(LifeTime Fitness). I hate to say this, but I don't think my trainer is very professional either. She is adorable (looks like Jessica Simpson) and very young (in her early 20's). She is a trainer and a colledge student at the same time, so sometimes the first thing she tells me in our session is that she is SO tired and sleepy. Well, not what I'd like to hear to stay motivated, LOL!

I'd feel more comfortable talking to the management than the trainer, because it seems to be less confrontational. However, I can imagine her feeling hurt, because I should have communicated with her first before talking to her boss.

Well, this is hard. Very hard...

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Sarah1
05-09-2004, 09:35 PM
She's cancelled on you three or four times?? And at the last minute?? That's ridiculous. If you did that, they'd probably charge you for the session. But she can cancel whenever she wants? She's totally abusing the situation. I'd lose her and find someone else!

Kate888
05-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Just an update. Today I got canceled AGAIN, due to "uncontrollable circumstances", so I decided to give the management a call. It turned out that she was deciplined by the head of the trainers and was ordered not to work for 3 days this week (I didn't ask why). I explained the situation a bit and asked if he is aware of what's going on in her life (i.e. health issues). He said "I knew she had a big exam last Saturday". Well...that pretty much explained why I got cancelled last Friday. Grr...

Anyway, I think I'm gonna stop by at the gym to look at the trainer bio book this afternoon to see if I can find someone else to work with. I hate to end the relationship with my trainer like this. Well...what can I say :(

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Sarah1
05-14-2004, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't worry about how you're ending the relationship with her. It sounds to me like the two of you really never had a relationship in the first place--it was pretty one-sided--she was constantly cancelling on you!

I'm sure you'll find a trainer who's much more attentive to you, which is really what that job is about! Good luck :)