PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day TENSION

TraciG
05-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Glad it's over, had it at my house, easier that way, both mother's are there, well my parents & Hubby's mother were the first to arrive, Sydney was napping, ok when she woke up & I bring her downstairs I know they both want her, my MIL takes her & basically hogs her, I felt so annoyed & bad for my mother, she's like me, quiet, she wouldn't go & take the baby from my MIL also when my one SIL gets there she's even worse !!!!! I would finally take Sydney & give her to my mother or my father would take her ( he's not shy like us ) anyway this really bothered me, my mother doesn't see her grandsons enough, they see their other grandma more, I dont want this to happen with her first grandaughter & her only daughter's (me ) first child !!!!!! I also live 10 minutes from my inlwas & 45 from my parents :(

needed to complain BIGTIME

redhookmom
05-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Baby hogs are the worst. I am sorry you had to deal with this on Mother's Day.

cric
05-10-2004, 02:32 PM
It stinks when people hog the baby!

My mom, dad and youngest sister was down for A's baptism & a nephews bday party the weekend b/4 Mother's day. Thank goodness MIL (who also stayed at our house that weekend) understood that my mom & sister needed more time with A since they live 7 or more hours away. However, she continually was taking him away from DH who hadn't seen him much because of work. We kept giving A to DH saying loudly "Aaron needs some Daddy time", but she didn't get it and took him minutes later.

TraciG
05-10-2004, 02:38 PM
So I'm not the only one with this problem !!!!!!!!!!1

jk3
05-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Definitely, definitely not! My in-laws are intense as well. Even when DS is rubbing his eyes constantly they feel he is awake enough to play. Now that he prefers to crawl around, they still insist on holding him throughout an entire visit. Luckily, he has some separation anxiety at the moment so he tends to freak out when he is held by anyone but DH, my mother or me. HAH-can't help but laugh...! =)